Author Topic: Montfort Tadier sleeps off hangover in States Chamber  (Read 19405 times)

Offline Fritz

Re: Montfort Tadier sleeps off hangover in States Chamber
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »
Bottom line is, this, "Non Story", has revealed that the States Chamber can be accessed by an individual,(Drunk or sober), out of hours.
It is possible that a, (Drunk or sober), individual could decide to throw an all night party at, "The office", by merely swiping a card!!!!!

mpwpj

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »
No npwpj, its him that looks foolish and in front of tens of thousands of viewers.  If there is no case to answer then he should complain about it.
Why do you think that though? what are you basing your views on? I keep asking, but you just keep saying watch the video; what is that make him look a fool?

Is it that he works late?
Is it that he admits to drinking two glasses of wine one evening?
Is it that he thinks it's wrong for a member to be drunk in the States building?
Is it that he believes that some rumours might be misinterpreted?
Is it that he appeared taken aback by the interviewer asking him to elaborate on a statement that some members might be using a toilet?
Is it that he didn't see the point of getting a taxi home when that wasn't where he was going?

What exactly in the content of the interview makes him look a fool?  Or is it purely a mannerism you find foolish? Many would accuse the CM TLS of having a comical delivery, doesn't mean he's a fool.

mpwpj

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
Bottom line is, this, "Non Story", has revealed that the States Chamber can be accessed by an individual,(Drunk or sober), out of hours...
Which is only a problem if we don't trust those with access, and as far as I'm aware there're are two convicted criminals with access, and one person who admits to being a criminal and untrustworthy with sensitive and or private documents, but who is yet to be convicted.  The rest I give the benefit of the doubt, including Dep. Tadier.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
It is a problem if States Members are bouncing round town drunk with the keys to ,"The Office", in their pockets.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »
For,"Silly Hours", I take it you mean those hours that you are pissed, and something totally stupid seems like a good idea.
Most folk have had, "Silly hours", at some time in their lives, (boring life if they haven,t), but to have a ,"Silly Hour", whilst holding the keys to, "The Head Office", is suicidal, (Politically speaking).

mpwpj

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 08:05:12 PM »
It is a problem if States Members are bouncing round town drunk with the keys to ,"The Office", in their pockets.
And this is a revelation to you?

The same could be said to anybody with a key.

mpwpj

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
...You know it and I know it...
You may believe, but you don't know, and please don't drag me into your fantasy world.
...Never do you get people going into work and falling asleep late at night and then being woken up by the cleaners... 
Not true, factually wrong.
...I know you are a MT fan...
Not true, factually wrong.
...but this defense when the damage has already been done on TV is pointless...
Would you agree that if I went on TV and accused you of murder, that the damage would've been done, and any defense from you was pointless?
...States Members shouldn't be going into the chamber at silly hours anyway...
Why not? Any good reason, or just because you say so?

Offline Ashley

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:21 PM »
He's new to the job - he was out with his constituents - maybe he felt inspired about something that transpired throughout the evening and wanted to get to work on it before he went home.

What's harder to believe - that or that anyone actually cares about this story at all?

mpwpj

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »
Oh so people normally go into work after a night on the town and fall asleep.  it’s the first I have heard of it so thanks for enlightening me...
It's not normal in every job, but certainly in some, certainly in some that I've done for people to work long and odd hours.  And you've changed from 'never' to 'normal' and added in 'after a night on the town'.  If you want to make an argument do, but try and keep to just one argument, or are you finding it hard to argue against my pesky facts?

I'm glad that you've been able to learn something from me, and I hope you carry on doing so so you stop making such unreasonable comments in futur.

mpwpj

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 08:42:48 PM »
Yer, he was in town and his constituents all live in St Brelade....
You really are clutching at straws if that's any kind of serious argument ::)

Offline Ashley

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 08:46:24 PM »
Yer, he was in town and his constituents all live in St Brelade....

Hahahaha what has that got to do with anything?  They're not from St Ouen, the Breladians travel well.

mpwpj

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 08:55:30 PM »
No, you are  ;D.

His voters live up St Brelades and thats a fact.  He obviously went for a night on the piss with some of his buddies and decided to crash out in the States Chamber because he couldn't go back as he smelt of drink!!!!  
You're pathetic, I pity you, but I can't be bothered with you any longer on this subject.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
With all the tax-payers money being spent on extra, (International class), security measures at the harbour and airport, (Anti ram-raid bollards), etc.
Surely a couple of bob could be spared for a night watchman to keep an eye on our, "Parliament Buildings"?

Cant wait to see what the N.O.T.W. does with this.

Offline Ashley

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
Does anyone know debumblebee? Anyone live close by who can pop round and see if he's alright?

mpwpj

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »
Does anyone know debumblebee? Anyone live close by who can pop round and see if he's alright?
lol