Author Topic: Tadier's Tatical Voting Plan  (Read 2628 times)

Offline danrok

Tadier's Tatical Voting Plan
« on: October 05, 2008, 12:47:12 AM »
I see Montfort Tadier is suggesting that electors employ tatical voting, which is what I intend to do.

His suggestion, in his video on CTV Online, is to avoid voting for the existing establishment candidates, and not to use all 6 of your votes, unless you have 6 definates.  So, just vote for those candidates you're sure of.

What do others make of this?

Offline Pomme de terre

Re: Tadier's Tatical Voting Plan
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »
I'll be using all 6 votes.

4 definites "yes" votes, and use the other 2 to vote tactically against those who I definitely don't want to get in.

Elections - what fun! Sometimes I think we're lucky to have two lots of sport, once in October, once in November. Other times I think...sort this mess out

Offline Lieve

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 01:11:27 AM »
Not everyone is as politically aware and astute as many here. If someone wants to vote for, say, three people (s)he really wants in but really wouldn't know who else to vote for ... If they think they HAVE to use all 6 votes, they are much more likely to cast the 3 votes left by voting for someone whose name rings a bell, i.e. the sitting members. It becomes something like choosing toothpaste - unwillingly you will not go for an unknown brand name.

I, therefore, agree that - if you're not sure about your other votes, it is better not to use them ! If you are sure, by all means do !

Offline JungleDirector

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:02:54 AM »
I see Montfort Tadier is suggesting that electors employ tatical voting, which is what I intend to do.

His suggestion, in his video on CTV Online, is to avoid voting for the existing establishment candidates, and not to use all 6 of your votes, unless you have 6 definates.  So, just vote for those candidates you're sure of.

What do others make of this?

I am just going backwards here and we know the result now, but many said they voted for people with experience and with recession approaching in mind this was more of a plus point for the tacticle voting in the end.

Montfort didn't get a vote of mine.  He was far to the left for me.

rogueelement

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:23:51 AM »
Tactical voting should only be employed by people who are ginger , and thus might hope to get Charles Kennedy (Hic) into the States.
I totally disagree with southpark when they say ginger people  are vile and have no soul, that is rubbish , they do tend to want to fight a lot though and have freckles.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Re: Tadier's Tactical Voting Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 04:46:38 AM »
You usual find that the people who use all 6 votes get the one person that they wanted does not get in.Ask 6 people to put down in order of 3 chooser the colour of a wall to be painted. It will turnout to be the colour nobody wanted because they all had a  different colour in mind but most put in the third choose the colour that ended up winning for having more third votes than any other colour

Offline namoop

Re: Tadier's Tactical Voting Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »
You usual find that the people who use all 6 votes get the one person that they wanted does not get in.Ask 6 people to put down in order of 3 chooser the colour of a wall to be painted. It will turnout to be the colour nobody wanted because they all had a  different colour in mind but most put in the third choose the colour that ended up winning for having more third votes than any other colour

Who was your English teacher at school? Yoda?

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »
I think Chevvie missed skool, maffs, inglish an all that stuff! Innit?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

ole razzy

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 02:51:59 AM »
Don't listen to them Chev just easy up on the Calvados man.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:01:17 AM »
Maybe so Hoss but it made more sense votin fer the folk up the Cahulawasee River!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I