Author Topic: Paul Routier  (Read 4580 times)

Offline Eastern correspondent

Paul Routier
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »
BBC Radio Jersey this am - If re-elected PR wil vote for Terry Le Sueur as Chief Minister ...............

Razzard

Re: Paul Routier
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »

Brother in law of Senator Mike Vibert, Paul Routier, is going to vote for Terry Le Sueur as Chief Minster. Does it get any more cosy at the top?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »
Remember Jersey Telecomm when it was a monopoly, did you notice how the charges just went up and up, to the detriment of small businesses and the self employed who relied on the phone to make a living, let's not forget of course those on low incomes. So they made multi millions which was spent NOT on rebates, but on sponsoring yacht regattas and lavish corporate hospitality days for banks and big business. Why when you are a Monopoly. ? pure self indulgence… President of Telecomms at the time. Senator Paul Routier.

He is actually a really nice guy, but not when it comes to using a vote that will affect your quality of life. Vote for GST of course he did.

An earlier post on the Senator should you be interested.

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,116.msg6671.html#msg6671

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:56:02 AM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:12:39 PM »
So as the forum screams ahead with your views I have noticed that Paul Routier seems to be getting very few hits. Does this mean that you are happy with his past perfomance ? or conversally you have wriiten him off.  Just interested to know your deeper thoughts ?

Offline TAV

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »
I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr Routier today at the "meet the candidates".  I agree he is a very polite well spoken man however, he is also very disillusioned with the way in which the Island is going.   

Offline Voltaire

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr Routier today at the "meet the candidates".  I agree he is a very polite well spoken man however, he is also very disillusioned with the way in which the Island is going.   

maybe so to you at the meeting, but look at the history. He has been in the states for what 15 years? He has been a minister for the last 6 years and in his position has had the ability to change politics in Jersey and has done next to nothing to help people in Jersey. He is run by his chief officers and his changes in social security have left a lot of people worse off and though I really hate to agree with Geoff Southern, the new system does not give incentive for people to return back to work in fact it does the opposite and needs re-evaluating.

In my opinion he has had way too many chances to work on behalf of the people of Jersey and has worked only for himself and the old boys. AND HE VOTED FOR GST, how disillusioned is he?
-----------------------------------------------------
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

Offline TAV

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 11:12:09 PM »
I am fully aware of the history of paul routier as well as many of the other candidates who are already sitting as states members.  But do not be under any impression whatsoever that I would fall for the lies that come out of these peoples mouths.
The new income support has massive flaws and certainly needs addressing before its too late however, why do you hate to agree with Geoff Southern?  He has the passion for Jersey politics that I have not seen in any other one of the 21 candidates and he works very hard to help the people of the island. 
When labelling Paul Routier as disillusioned I was merely stating the obvious as your point touched on Sam!  He, as is Ozouf, Vibert, Ferguson, Troy and Maclean are completely out of touch with the electorate and they do not seem to comprehend that there are people out there this day in age still struggling to make ends meet.  None of the above will be receiving a vote from me as they have had their chance and they have pretty much blown it!

Res Nullius

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »
None of those clowns will be getting my vote either.

Razzard

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »
ditto.

Offline Eastern correspondent

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
DITTO .....................so thats about 4 of us only about 55k to go!

Razzard

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
Dylan might, so might moot 13 and Leive also. Before you know it we'll hit double figures!

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
Lieve it out Raz - I vote with my feet anyway.
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline Lieve

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 12:23:46 AM »
Lieve it out Raz

Nice one ! Also shows you know how to pronounce my name, I am impressed !   :D Do you also know what it means ?  ;)

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »
Sure thing cocker, it means willing , did you know that dylan was the Celtic god of the waves; son of Arianrhod? More interesting this thread is than Paul Routier for sure eh?
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Razzard

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 11:48:26 AM »
Nice one !

Lieve did you not say on the 'lets get personal thread' " if the six elected are Ozouf, Vibert, Routier, McLean, Ferguson and Troy, we're leaving the island and we'll move to New Zealand." ??