Author Topic: Jersey Hospital continuing the tradition of Jersey cover ups ?  (Read 21458 times)

ole razzy

Re: Jersey Hospital continuing the tradition of Jersey cover ups ?
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »
the hospital is a time bomb and i would shit my pants if i had to go in there...

Luckily we gotta walk right past it on Saturday so if you do get a sudden uncontrolable urge you can pop in to the gents in reception and relax! That's as long as you get one of the lads from the park over the road to let you use a cubicle for a few minutes. Last time I went in there I found a chap smoking crack! No shit!

Offline Norman_Point

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »
Perhaps your "parkie" was smoking some good shit?

ole razzy

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Perhaps your "parkie" was smoking some good shit?

That wernt no parkie dude. That bruvva was one of the full on crack monkeys that Mike Gafoor keeps banging on about.

BTW I heard about a funny little scam that is going down. Appartenly the drug addicts steal loads of booze from shops were the assitants turn a blind eye for a kick back then sell it back to the winos in the park for under half price then use that money to buy more rock. What a freakin mess.

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
Are there any free thinkers in the states or are they just told to vote a certain way... Because on such a very very serious issue only 15 voted in favour, the hospital is a time bomb and i would shit my pants if i had to go in there...
Incontinenece at your age could very well land you in the hospital in the first place.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »
The Health executive ordering the wrong investigation ? A consultant on suspension for almost three years, on full pay. Another investigation ( Verita ) commissioned by the management about the death of a nurse, and according to the  new health Minister Anne Pryke, an extended new remit to observe any other faults that may need attention.

Jersey General not showing in any NHS  online performance sites unlike all hospitals in the UK they tell how good or bad  waiting times, success of operations, time to see a consultant  and a many other statistics including financial.

Its understandable that many might start thinking that the management at the Hospital haven't a bloody clue how to run a health service or hospital.  More money needed from the taxpayer next year to make up for extra expense due to unforeseen circumstances ? Your and my money.

JEP

AN investigation into the death of a nurse following a botched operation has been suspended after the surgeon involved in the case claimed that it was unfair.

Consultant gynaecologist John Day is arguing in the Royal Court that an inquiry ordered by senior Health executives into the circumstances surrounding Elizabeth Rourke’s death was not appropriate.

Chief among his concerns is that the man spearheading the review, UK personnel expert Ken Hutchinson, does not have the expertise to consider clinical matters.

There is more please click on the link below.  

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/08/15/hospital-death-inquiry-is-suspended-by-injunction/

BB
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:05:30 PM by boatyboy »

Offline moot

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
Wouldn't it be interesting if all those States employees who are suspended got together and form a "suspenders" political party ?
They certainly would have the time and money to organise, have meetings employ spin doctors ( ::), nurses etc...
I can just see it the SDA ( Suspenders Democratic Alliance ) Syvret would try even harder to get suspended from the States so he could join it... ;D
Their party song would be :  Hey Suspender, Spend...a little time with ...us !
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:38:33 PM by moot »

Offline danrok

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 12:30:50 AM »
About time the States of Jersey started sacking people, and not suspending them on full pay.  This is mostly what happens in the private sector.

Anyone who is unfairly dismissed still has the option of suing for unfair dismissal.

It isn't right that we should have to pay out these huge salaries to people who are doing nothing all day.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2009, 12:56:35 AM »
Danrock you said

About time the States of Jersey started sacking people, and not suspending them on full pay.  This is mostly what happens in the private sector.

An interesting comment, in relation to the sacking people remember the euro affair.

Had CM Terry sent officials from Treasury down the road, it would have been a clear warning to " others" , that incompetance will not be put up with. There are some excellent people working in the public sector in Jersey. Those that are not up to the job and / or not much interested in good results would have perked up. However if you don't get the push for loosing up to £10 million............................. then Hey Ho, another day in paradise on other peoples money  8)

BB

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2009, 09:13:46 AM »
Rather like the French freigner legion shooting stragglers - I like it BB!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Deputy Dawg

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »
Strangely enough current economic thinking is that the Pound is going to fall quite heavily against the Euro in the coming weeks and months, I wonder if they have managed to do anything about hedging it yet? I know its only been a few months , I know that Mr Black says neither he nor any of his staff have the experience or the ability to deal with such matters , but they might wish to get their fingers out rather sharply.

I find it quite sickening to think that a whole department tasked with accountancy and finance does not in this day and age know how to hedge cash, and have to ask if they actually know much about accountancy after seeing some of their pathetic attempts at producing auditable accounts. And although I hate to admit it, Danrok is spot on and his proposition would get my full support if I were in such a position to be able to give it. There are however politicians that do read this, and they should be taking heed to the views given by the Jersey public, even in small forum like this. Sack the useless and the suspended.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:24 AM »
A STATES Deputy is calling for the independent investigation into the death of staff nurse Elizabeth Rourke to look at the suspension of consultant gynaecologist John Day.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/08/19/surgeons-suspension-is-a-grave-injustice/

The debate regarding terminating the Verita contract because it was conflicted was an interesting debate . Good speakers from both sides, put forward strong well thought out views.The  Hospital Management employed Verita, and wrote the remit with them, and many other parallel issues then clearly on principle the idea that Verity's remit is to investigate the circumstances leading up to the tragic botched operation ( JEPs'  words not mine ) it seems common sense that all those from doctors to managers surrounding and interacting in this sorry incident should become part of the enquiry.

On principle I would have gone with Stuart Syvrets motion simple because of the conflict issue. All inquires of such a serious nature must not only be seen to be white they must be bright white.

In saying this I can also understand why the assembly voted  for Verita to finish what they started and the person that swayed the argument was Minister Ann Pryke. She asked for time, she said after looking at the remit ( that hospital management had drawn up ) she had changed it and widened it. No stone would be left unturned, the truth, the real truth will be laid bare or words to the effect. So they lady was given the benefit by the assembly.

Why is Deputy Bob Hill banging the war drum because it transpires he has discovered that two doctors are still working and two are suspended,but all four where involved. Furthermore the Deputy  wants the remit to include , role of various Health Ministers  [ my words in brackets, were our political leaders lead up the garden path  ?] he wants investigated the roll of the states employment board [ are they capable of employing the right people to do the right work ?]

Last but not least Deputy Hill wants the investigation to include the senior management team at health [  words fail me ] .

I suggest that the way forward and reasons offered to the house by Deputy Hill will catch the eye of most States members who were promised the truth and the whole truth. The stakeholders, ie public are also watching closely.

From the Government web site complete with list of responsibilities

Please click on link.

http://www.gov.je/Health/who_we_are/Chief+Officer.htm

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:30:48 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Dundee

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
Was not Deputy Hill one time part of Health?

He appears to create all sorts of messes then blames someone else.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »
How can TLS sack anybody from the treasury when he was the minister at the time, the person who should have been sacked was TLS. The buck stops with him he was the one who should have made sure that everything had been covered before the contract had been signed.

rogueelement

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
CB , congratulations , you have won tonights star prize , for stating the bleeding obvious 3 months after everyone else has already commented!
Your reward will be
a) A boat in the morning
b) a flight in the morning ,probably delayed for technical reasons(= The one to Exeter, went awol, so eff you Jersey)
c) 2 weeks free JEP
or
d) 4 weeks free entry to the JEP can you name this caption!!

Everyones a winner eh?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2016, 10:13:32 PM »
January 2010.

Verita

The “ distant “ senior management team did not engage well with senior medical staff, or provide sufficient leadership to the organisation.

http://www.verita.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/An-independent-investigation-into-the-care-treatment-and-management-of-Mrs-Elizabeth-Rourke-January-2010.pdf

Extensive article published online today by the Bailiwick Express:

Health Minister Andrew Green stood by the decision to sack him; and the SEB, which is lead by Chief Minister Ian Gorst, also criticised a previous SCB report.
In its reply, the latest SCB ( States Complaints Board ) report has accused senior States employees and politicians of a “flagrant breach of basic safeguards.”

It goes even further and says this was “one of the worst examples of a public authority disregarding fundamental principles of fairness and law that this board has seen.”

“Almost the entirety of SEB’s ( States Employment Board ) response is aimed at justifying SEB’s position that the dismissal of Mr Alwitry was the ‘right’ decision on the merits.

“The Board was extremely critical of SEB, the hospital and certain senior States employees and politicians who were involved in the decisions relating to Mr Alwitry.

Quotes are selective please read full article:

http://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/top-states-executives-and-politicians-accused-deeply-worrying-treatment-sacked-doctor/?t=i#.WEGUq0v6fLS

Is the hospital management team, given that they cannot treat a respected consultant in a dignified and professional manner, really the team to be given control of an £800 million ( £466 million cost plus interest on borrowing equals £800 million ) hospital.

What is also of growing concern is that many of the top tiers of hospital management are joined at the hip with outsourcing consultants Capita.

Capita take decisions that the highly paid hospital managers are qualified and paid to resolve adding an extra cost to the health department. This allows the managers to become even further detached adopting a hands off approach. How can that be good for the health of islanders ?

The stunning report by the States Complaints Board, fair play to them an injection of much needed honesty.

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/AssemblyReports/2016/R.75-2016%20Res.pdf

BB
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:18:31 AM by boatyboy »