Author Topic: Tracy Vallois to stand for who exactly  (Read 5084 times)

Offline boatyboy

Re: Tracy Vallois to stand for who exactly
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 01:24:08 AM »
Last month they advertised a £100,000 new position for some bod to do some talking , something to do with finance that the chief ministers office, economics department, JFSC or Geoff Cooks Jersey Finance were completely incapable of handling even though they have been working for years in this industry ?

Then they make front line gardners and road sweepers redundant. Is this not abuse in public office ?

What can one say ? Time to join the march maybe, if not now it's only a matter of time !

BB
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:28:35 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Jerry Gosselin

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »
The IOD held their annual awards with "Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner" at the Hotel de France last night so I thought I would just browse through the photos to see if our Deputy Tracey made it to the event again despite quitting the government last year. Alas, no sign of her at all amongst the wealthy grinning ninnies and she hasn't posted any tweets for a few weeks. The only 'politician' I could find on the page below is a student who is currently being groomed by the Establishment as a future Senator and Minister - the next John Averty if you like - just as soon as she's got her degree from Uni and done a bit of travelling the world to see how poor people live:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/jdoty16?src=hash

Never mind then. One or more of Gorst, Ozouf, Farnham and Maclean must have been at last night's do .... but strangely enough none of these 4 have tweeted anything to confirm their presence.

What is going on here? Why are States Members suddenly so reluctant to publicly admit their presence at a gala dinner hosted by the organisation that tells them how to run Jersey? The elections are still 2 years away. I could understand their shyness if we were just a few months away from going to the polls. Surely we don't have to go as far as submitting a FOI request just to confirm their presence at the grand ball last night?

So host Gyles Brandreth referred to the Chief Minister as a cross between Daniel Craig and Kermit the Frog? Hmm. Less of Daniel Craig in my opinion. More like Buster Keaton:

https://karnacologynew.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/annex-keaton-buster-love-nest-the_01.jpg

But he's right about the muppet thing!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:54:24 PM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline Jerry Gosselin

Re: Tracy Vallois NOT to stand for Chief Minister
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 08:55:23 PM »

If I am eventually proved correct in my belief that her ultimate aim is to become Jersey's first female Chief Minister, what will she do when she gets that job and finds that certain other Ministers or civil servants aren't completely obedient to her? We are already getting a hint of her potential style of government and it could end up making everything that has come before her seem quite democratic and respectful of public opinion by comparison.

Well, well, well - what do we have here now! Witness the words of St John Constable Chris Taylor quoted in a JEP article published this very morning:

St John Constable Chris Taylor, who has lodged the no-confidence motion, has been a vocal critic of the Chief Minister’s decision to reappoint Senator Ozouf as an Assistant Chief Minister as well as the fallout from the Jersey Innovation Fund and the withdrawal of hospital funding proposals.

Mr Taylor believes that St John Deputy Tracey Vallois would be a ‘fantastic alternative’ to lead the Island’s government.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2017/06/10/business-leaders-call-for-stability-as-gorst-faces-no-confidence-vote/

From the moment he first threatened to lodge this vote of no confidence, I strongly suspected his real aim was install his fellow St John Establishment colleague as First Minister, obviously with himself in a more subservient ministerial role. It would mean that the two representatives of a tiny parish with a population of just 3,000 and the 4th lowest population density (320 people per km2 as opposed to 2,142 people per km2 in St Clement - 2011 census) would effectively be running Jersey for the next year.  :o

Both Constable Taylor and Deputy Vallois were elected unopposed to the States in 2014 and a key argument of those in favour of introducing super constituencies was that it would (according to them, not me) end uncontested elections for Deputy (but obviously not for Constable). So it would be a bit two-faced of those supporters of electoral reform if they were to support a no-confidence motion which they now know for certain has the intention of installing a Deputy who didn't face an election as the island's Chief Minister. It would also be interesting to know if Vallois and Taylor have discussed potential ministerial or assistant ministerial posts with any of those dozen States Members who have signed the no-confidence motion...  ::)

The whole thing stinks like an old fish but please give me credit for sussing out her real intentions a year and a half before everyone else became aware of them.

The odds of Alan Breckon being appointed to the Board of a major Quango in the next year have also considerably shortened!  ;D

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:06:48 PM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline Jerry Gosselin

Re: Tracy Vallois NOT to stand for Chief Minister
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »
I now learn that the day before I posted my last message, Deputy Tracey Vallois had already announced on Twitter that she would not be standing for Chief Minister if Gorst loses the confidence vote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TAVallois/status/873256680510951424

I've therefore altered the subject line of my last post and this post to reflect this.

She seems to accept the principle that a candidate without a popular mandate (e.g. someone who was elected unopposed) shouldn't be Chief Minister. It will therefore be very interesting to see if she decides to vacate her safe Establishment seat and stand for Senator next Spring (as there will not now be any super constituencies after all). That will be a clear sign that she intends to have some sort of ministerial role again after the election.

This wouldn't be as great a risk for her as it would be for most other Deputies thinking about upgrading to an island mandate because there is a very long tradition of token female candidates on the senatorial ballot paper being successfully elected. In 2014 it was Zoe Cameron, despite apparently having no prior interest in politics other than a professional knowledge of health issues.... and look how that ended up!

I don't think there is any other female candidate apart from Senator Ferguson who could challenge Vallois for the prestigious top woman on the island ballot paper prize. Any female newcomers to the ballot paper would not have the political knowledge and experience that she's got, so she would be a shoe-in for the top 8 Senators. Personally I don't agree with picking a token candidate off the list just because they're the only one of a certain gender, ethnicity or whatever, but historically that is what Jersey voters never fail to do, so I'm just predicting the voters will still be using the same unenlightened reasoning process next year that they always have.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »
I think re giging your post to say almost the same thing, that Deputy Vallois really wants to be Chief Minister does not take in to account her history.

Remember she is not afraid to speak out, she also appears to be very numeric, handling the maths competently.

Does she want the stress of the top jo ? I would say no based on a quiet non egotistical character. Now Philip Ozouf would probably jump at the chance.

She gained a lot of respect when she took this action:

JEP

Until this week, that is, when she handed in her resignation as Assistant Treasury Minister. She had had enough of, she says, being excluded, ignored and taken for granted, and she wanted Islanders to know it. The Deputy also thought that the public deserved to know just how disorganised she thinks the upper levels of government are.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/11/07/why-i-quit-deputy-tracey-vallois-explains-decision-to-turn-back-on-ministers/#3VaVAiUGckshrvL8.99

I think John Le Fondre or Chris Taylor would make better Chief Ministers than Gorst. So of course would Furgeson, Higgins and even Tadier who has matured a lot and all mentioned  " people " have backbone.

Go on Jerry, I know you don't like answering questions, but be positive tell us your top three choices to replace Mr Wooden Top ?

BB
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:53:07 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
 Le Fondre would make a very good CM. Ferguson no. Valliois single mother does not have the time it takes for being CM. Constable Taylor speaks well but will not take the job.
Just hope that gorst and the rest of the CoM's go.  Let us get a new government that will look after the island and more important the people.