Author Topic: Sean Power - States Member!  (Read 45884 times)

Offline Eastern correspondent

Re: Sean Power - States Member!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »
I started this topic and  nothing I have heard or seen since posting it from Mr Power has change my mind - he does not get my vote - I applaud him for coming on the boards though!

When Lenny Harper gave that press conference his oficers were  already well into a chid abuse investigation covering many institutions on the island and not just HDLG.

I am sorry if Mr Power did not appreciate the content of that press conference, IMHO it was  a tactical move on two fronts -

The first being to ensure that the Jersey authorities could not 'put a lid on it'
The second to encourage victims/staff to come forward.

Mr Power when did you last post on BLOGS, I would have appreciated your comments earlier in the year - why now?

Offline Sean Power

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:58:48 AM »
 Hi,

I was aware of this site and other blog sites, but to be perfectly honest, do not visit very often.  I was aware of the Creepy Valley one, this one and two others. I rarely if ever post. When Adrian announced his candidature last week, I wrote to him and wished him well and registered on this site for the first time.

I have thought about a website of my own, but to be frank, this is as good a forum as I have seen.

So, I suppose the approaching elections and all the associated posts motivated me to register.

I stand by my earlier comments on SOJP.

Sean

Offline Eastern correspondent

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »
I am surprised that you have not looked at websites/Blogs Mr Power, it is through sites such as this one and Stuart Syvrets that the public can become informed and discuss ideas and politicial ideology, other traditional forms of media in the island do not serve the population particularly well.
Welcome aboard!

Offline Terminator 4

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 08:50:47 AM »
I don't understand why some of you are giving Sean Power a hard time.  I thought his Talk Back participation 2 months ago was one of the best to listen to in ages.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »
Top of the morning to you mr.power...........Give Darren clarke a shout we need him bloody yanks.

Was wandering did you watch  insideout on bbc1 this tuesday if not there are links...
If you did you might know what im on about now...Does the A.G have a conflict of interest i think this is a simple question....where are the journalists when you need them ...

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Conductor

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »
The conflicts of interest have been brought up for years and I mean years.  I remember the issue being brought up in court. 

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »
It baffles me why we just let things go along over here, but then again as soon as you start to question them they use there state owned paper,radio to make you look a fool..

I had a chuckle yesterday thou,no money for a report into millions of tons of toxic ash but hey 1/2 a million for frank and his new jobs.....And has ben shenton just remembered where his balls are.....my god there might just be hope.....

sean how did you vote on the money for frank
sean how did you vote on toxic ash report
sean how did you vote on gst
sean how did you vote on gst food exemptions

Oh and sean how about politicans running to the A.G before a court case.....

Cheers..
rs

Chief Minister

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 09:03:53 PM »
You can get all this info off the states website.  rs if you are so concerned about how members vote then why don't you run so that you can vote yourself !

Offline Sean Power

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 07:05:05 AM »
Hi,

I have just seen this one.

To Rico Sorda:  All the money for FranK ???Do you mean the increase in the budget for the Chief Ministers Department ?  Yes, I did agree that. The Assembly had a report stating that the expanded work of the CM , especially in the external areas relating to Brussels and London was deficient and we approved an extra amount of money. Did you know the Constable of St. Helier has a P.A, and the Chief Minister did not ?  It is the office of the Chief Minister we are dealing with not Frank Walker. If the next Chief Minister wants to change things , whether it is going to be Terry Le Sueur, Ben Shenton, Philip Ozouf, Freddie Cohen or Paul Routier (they are the only possible runners) then so be it.

On toxic ash and Stuart's proposition for a Committee of Enquiry. I voted against that. This infill on the West of Albert was done in the early 80's. It is now about to be excavated again. That has started on the Castle Quay development. Whoever authorised the dumping of the bottom ash and fly ash down there was very wrong. In the 25 years since then, all environemental issues are now so much to the fore and sensitive and rightly so. I think it would have been an almost no return for taxpayers money to haul some retired civil servants before a committee and the same for one or two retired politicians.

On GST, I voted against GST everytime.I then voted against exemptions.   We must keep GST simple. We cannot have a UK VAT look a like monster.  That takes battalions of  civil servants to do the exempting.  If we have to have the bloody thing, then this clamour for exemptions will give any future Treasury Minister carte blanche to raise the base rate. I don't agree with that. I don't agree with GST as I am still unconvinced we need it.  It is the GST is the problem, not GST on food.

Sean

Res Nullius

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
"Did you know the Constable of St. Helier has a P.A, and the Chief Minister did not?"

Strange that.  I know for a fact that he has had a number of PA's who he shares with Bill Ogley.  They never tend to stay very long hence the oft seen advertisements for a new one.

They don't half go through PA's those two!

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »
The ad should run .. PA for BA . kind of catchy don't you think?
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »
Sean the ash they have been excavating where are they dumping it now, is it safe..

No one is held accountable on this island and i mean no one, oh hang on stuart syvret  was for saying we might have a problem with child care...lol

Thanks so much for your reply mr.power
PS
I still have problem with the ash down at the front...if its toxic and we are now digging it up where is it being dumped..rs

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »
Rico my man, didn't you know the toxic ash is being mixed with thee jerseey toxic credit and dumped in St Brelades beehind thee church in thee sea??

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »
Dylan man wtf you chuffing on that crack pipe again or are ya sniffing dat toxic ash...

Sounds like a good place to dump it to me bloody nightmare trying to park down there in the summer lol

rs

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
No Rico - I just get high reading political cr*p. X