Author Topic: Deputy Sean Power admits breaking data laws and resigns.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline boatyboy

Deputy Sean Power admits breaking data laws and resigns.
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »
Deputy Sean Power has resigned as Jersey's housing minister after breaching data protection laws.

He said he passed on an email he found lying on a printer in the States building in August last year.
The Deputy said he felt like he had let down Housing Department staff, but did not feel his error was that serious.

He said the Council of Ministers put pressure on him to stand down after he breached data protection laws and the Code of Conduct for Ministers.

Not long after becoming Housing Minister, Deputy Power said he came across an email on a printer in the States building and with workmen around, he decided to take it home because of the sensitive nature of what it contained.

The e-mail correspondence between two female States Members referred to the former Senator Stuart Syvret and his personal situation.
Deputy Power forwarded it to the Data Protection Commissioner - and also a third party - and in doing that he breached the Data Protection Code.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-12345516

Online Tosh

Re: Deputy Sean Power admits breaking data laws and resigns.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:35:52 AM »
Deputy Sean Power has resigned as Jersey's housing minister after breaching data protection laws.

He said he passed on an email he found lying on a printer in the States building in August last year.
The Deputy said he felt like he had let down Housing Department staff, but did not feel his error was that serious.

He said the Council of Ministers put pressure on him to stand down after he breached data protection laws and the Code of Conduct for Ministers.

Not long after becoming Housing Minister, Deputy Power said he came across an email on a printer in the States building and with workmen around, he decided to take it home because of the sensitive nature of what it contained.

The e-mail correspondence between two female States Members referred to the former Senator Stuart Syvret and his personal situation.
Deputy Power forwarded it to the Data Protection Commissioner - and also a third party - and in doing that he breached the Data Protection Code.

And your point is what BB?

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:12:16 AM »
BB is merely passing on current news, does there have to be a point.  I for one was unaware this had happened as I don't read the JEP or listen to local radio, so thanks for the update BB. 

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:56:16 AM »
And your point is what BB?

ageofaquarius obviously has a wider horizon Tosh. One of the main purposes of the internet is to spread the word. The readership of Jersey blogs is growing each week, and a big thanks must go to the JEP. Ordinary people placed a comment in their little blog box and bingo the world could read it, how cool is that.

The reason I put up items without comment is because in my humble opinion planet jersey is bit of a mess, but it is also unique in that it is like a stage that anyone can write or appear on.

As one of the original blogs in Jersey, it is now an archive.

So should any of the main stream Jersey Media remove a post, or other blogs through Jerseys'  home made data laws, it might be here ageofaquarius knows this and now, so do you. Feel free to add to pj any articles you also feel might be removed. You know Tosh, removed reporting is quite popular in Jersey, check some of the older posts, but the words are still there or should I say on here.

BB.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:59:25 AM by boatyboy »

Online Tosh

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »
BB is merely passing on current news, does there have to be a point.  I for one was unaware this had happened as I don't read the JEP or listen to local radio, so thanks for the update BB.

And it helps to boost the post numbers, but news that is nearly 3 years old!!!  Good god, please move on... 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:35:03 PM by Tosh »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »

I will use my vote as will others come October, this snippet of the past, will give a better picture of performance.

If you don't want to read peoples posts fine, but I and others will write what we like, thanks for the suggestion to move on,  but you obviously do not understand the word archive ! or my last post.

BB

Offline Dundee

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »
BB is merely passing on current news, does there have to be a point. 

It may be current to him, and I agree most of his posts are pointless.

Offline man in the street

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 11:21:13 PM »
 well  that  was  a  resingnation  that  was a long  time   coming .

just    goes  to  show  that  some  are more  equal  than others .

someone  else   would of  being  hounded  from  pillar  to post   for   doing  the   same .  imho.

Online Tosh

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 02:52:58 AM »
I will use my vote as will others come October, this snippet of the past, will give a better picture of performance.

If you don't want to read peoples posts fine, but I and others will write what we like, thanks for the suggestion to move on,  but you obviously do not understand the word archive ! or my last post.

BB

Bootyboy: I don't mind reading anything relating to fact and which is current.  You normally fail on both counts and now add further spin by trying to suggest it was an archive sadly you do not mention this in your first post. 

I suggest if you want a real change then put you money where you mouth is and stand for election yourself, I'm sure you would make a much better job than the current incumbents...  ::)

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »
S.Power as slippery as an eel.
His nick name should be Chameleon because he changers from side to side depending on which side suit him. Usauall goes with the establishment to try and keep in with the people in power.
Hope he does not get re-elected come oct 2014.