Author Topic: DAN'S THE MAN TO HANDLE RUBBISH  (Read 16653 times)

Offline Pomme de terre

Re: DAN'S THE MAN TO HANDLE RUBBISH
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 12:03:29 AM »
They all kind of put a lot of work in, but whether this will come to anything is doubtful.

But I am intrigued rico, what do you do?  You don't work if you have time to attend Royal Court or States debates all week.

Your not on benefits are you?

Would there be anything wrong with someone on benefits attending either public gallery? I don't get your point.

Offline shaun the sheep

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 12:44:39 AM »
I think he bleew any chance he had of recinding-it by he's absence

Offline Fritz

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »
Guy de faye allowed a tiny little project at Beaumont, (Basically moving a few road kerbs), go more than £200,000 over budget.
How the heck was he even allowed to even look at, let alone sign, a multi-million pound contract for a real Civil Engineering Project, (that we may or not need)?

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 07:30:05 PM »
They all kind of put a lot of work in, but whether this will come to anything is doubtful.

But I am intrigued rico, what do you do?  You don't work if you have time to attend Royal Court or States debates all week.

Your not on benefits are you?

Extreme i use my work holidays simple as that & i do it because i take an interest... And what's this ( your not on benefits are you ) do you have a problem with people that are..

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline a

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
£12,000,000...

The price of ignorance.

Offline Gazza

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
I think he bleew any chance he had of recinding-it by he's absence
[/uote]

I take my hat off to him for trying! don't think he lost the vote cause of his late arrival - he had the decency to apologise! he has put a HUGE effort to try and get this stopped, unlike our previous Deputy who went running to the country having supported this in his "own" district, albeit he didn't actually live here so didn't have to worry.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »
what was the vote do we know

rs

Offline the 13th parish

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Offline the 13th parish

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »
http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/02/25/public-will-still-use-dump-at-bellozanne/
this story justs gets better just when first tower residents think their in the clear
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
You are having a joke here right.... bellozanne is still used as a dump so how does it get from A TO B..

rs

Offline moot

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »
http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/02/25/public-will-still-use-dump-at-bellozanne/
this story justs gets better just when first tower residents think their in the clear

Residents should take it in turns to dump their rubbish in Mike Jackson's and Guy de Faye's back yard

Offline moot

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 09:22:11 PM »
Pip,
I am sorry but you are wrong. Never before has a States member almost missed his own report and proposition. He is soo eccentric. He wanted the Environment Scrutiny Panel to pay 5K to commision a report after telling them that what they were doing is wrong and getting their staff to do stuff without asking the chairman of the comittee. He runs riot nad wont use his own expenses to comission reports. He sets questions to ministers and cant even be bothered to attend to see the answers.

I rather have ten eccentrics like Daniel in the States than any of the old conservative farts in the States who are only out to fill their deep pockets. Better late than never - at least he knows what he is talking about and has the interest of the island at heart. I loved the way he arrived in the Royal Square with a carboard box with his papers and a daffodil hanging from it.  Then talked to the old farts for 3 hours. I call that style !
The old fart's rules are there to be broken

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:56 PM »

When standing for re-election in the autumn of 2009, La Collette Incinerator champion Guy De Faye was quoted in his election manifesto as saying:

"Relocation of the Bellozanne incinerator signals a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to restore a beautiful Jersey valley for people to live in. The scrap metal yard and the sewage works can also be moved."

See http://www.thisisjersey.com/election/deputies/st-helier-no-3/

I remember at the time feeling that he was treating us like idiots and that such a claim was both fanciful and disingenous in the extreme. To read that Bellozanne, as a municipal rubbish tip, will not actually close only confirms my suspicions.

I never for one moment believed all his "restore a beautiful Jersey valley for people to live in" guff. You only have to drive up there to realise that it is a major industrial area (and sewage plant) that will NEVER be a beautiful Jersey valley for people to live in.

Offline moot

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
You might think that Dan has done his homework. However it's hard to find his argument credible when he is so rambling and disorganised.  He was getting his figures all jumbled up, he couldn't remember the locations of authorities in the UK who have decided on a different course of action and some his "facts" had some very tenious links.  But having said all of that he has certainly raised some genuine concerns but put him in charge of anything? Loose £50million because of his opinion? I don't think so.

I don't believe any of this £50 million spin. Anyone seen any proof ?

Offline moot

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
When standing for re-election in the autumn of 2009, La Collette Incinerator champion Guy De Faye was quoted in his election manifesto as saying:
"Relocation of the Bellozanne incinerator signals a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to restore a beautiful Jersey valley for people to live in. The scrap metal yard and the sewage works can also be moved."
See http://www.thisisjersey.com/election/deputies/st-helier-no-3/

I remember at the time feeling that he was treating us like idiots and that such a claim was both fanciful and disingenous in the extreme.

This man treated all of us like idiots all the time and that includes his fellow states members. He is arrogant and condesending - A pretentious know-it-all.