Author Topic: New heating in States Tenants houses.  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Chevalier Blanc

New heating in States Tenants houses.
« on: November 21, 2009, 02:14:41 AM »
I was talking to a person who lives in a state's house and all the heating systems are being taken out and new ones put in. Sounds good but the old system was oil fired and they paid so much right through the year in their rent for the heating. Now the new system is electric and we all know how much that will cost to heat a house. There is no heating in the bathroom or tiolet rooms because you cannot have electric near water. Now i am well aware that other people live in rented housing in the private sector but these people who just cannot afford to live in private housing are now just cannot afford to be able to heat the house that they live in. States saying money yes but to what cost to human beings who do not earn enough to even pay the full rent. No they do not own a car or cars or go on holidays out of the island. What gets me is the money they save will be wasted on some pet project that is no use to anybody. Your caring States.

rogueelement

Re: New heating in States Tenants houses.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »
Yeah probably paying some useless **** to feck off to the Uk and cost us £48k/year .makes me sick too CB !

Offline Fritz

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:23:02 AM »
Just where do you get your nonsense from White Knight?

Do you honestly believe that bathrooms cannot have electric heating?

Good grief.

rogueelement

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 02:45:24 AM »
Aw leave him alone Fritz he is still recyling that shilling coin on a bit of wire in the gas meter.

Offline Durendal

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »
Just where do you get your nonsense from White Knight?

Do you honestly believe that bathrooms cannot have electric heating?

Good grief.

Yup I have underfloor electric heating in our bathrooms and none of us have been electrucuted even when the floor gets wet!

Offline man in the street

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
last year our heating/ cooking /washing, ect, as we are all electric, no heat in toilet, was about£750 if i recall, for november to march / april.
states tenants , who had the greatly subsidised oil heating, will be in for a bit of a shock as they join the real world, for years they have had cheap heat, as opposed to a family living in a old coal type house.
coal was also £750 for the winter, and chop pallets for kindling and the corners to bulk up the coal,
and pay for the electric to run a circulation pump for the rads.
so no fire= no heat
 to be honest i dread the winter electric bill, as per usual in jersey , you think you are getting ahead , only to get a large bill from a service provider, or the goverment in one form or another.

cb , i dont know if the people  you know have thought about, buying oil filled rads, they seem to be cheap to run, and also the infra red type of heater,failing that a pair of thermals and a jumper.
are they entitled to any heating allowance?

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »
our houses are expensive to heat, surely good insulation would keep the cost down - we insulated this year and have only had a fire a few times, our only fuel is logs, can't afford oil.

Offline man in the street

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 03:16:45 AM »
we have been blessed with a mild winter so far, my idea of chilly is 10 degrees or less with a good bit of east in it.
apparently it was 15 degrees last week , a record for this time of year, a bit like 1976, dry and mild.
most states places are /have been insulated and double glazed. and if they have not , will be in the near future,