Author Topic: Senator Ian Le Marquand  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Jack

Senator Ian Le Marquand
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
I have just read this on Senator Syvrets Blog (Web-Log), and would like to know the thoughts of people here.

Source: http://stuartsyvret.blogspot.com/2008/10/jersey-election-special-7.html

Senator Stuart Syvret Blog

Thoughts on the Microcosm: Looking out at Reality from Within a Rich Island.

censored.

Quote: "A man who is so brazen in spin, he claims his victory was an “anti-establishment” expression of will, and that he is centrist – and not a part of the establishment. In fact – goes as far as to assert that people who voted for him were “looking for change”.

Let’s test those assertions against the facts, shall we?

Hard Right-wing religious fundamentalist.

Belongs to some weird sectarian cult called ‘Alpha’.

Scion of the traditional oligarchy.

A direct emission of the Jersey oligarch production-line. Born into a moneyed family with “traditional” interests in Jersey politics.

Became even richer as a lawyer.

Became a member of Jersey’s deeply politicised judiciary.

Repeatedly stone-walled cases, such as that against Boschat.

Delivered a variety of utterly perverse judgments.

Was a pro-active and enthusiastic component of the institutional child abuse involved in the various solitary confinement regimes.

Actually operated the ‘Status 1’ & ‘Status 2’ categorisation of children in custody.

Consistently battled – rabidly – for the courts to be given more power to imprison children – notwithstanding the fact that Jersey has a substantially higher child custody rate than the UK – which itself has the worst record for jailing children in the established European democracies.

Simply got around the law by abusing the remand process as a de facto means of jailing children.

Wants to bring the States of Jersey Police Force back under direct, political control – a return to the bad old days.

Possesses presumptions to power which lead him to blithely assert he’ll walk straight into the post of Home Affairs Minister.

This notwithstanding the fact he is manifestly conflicted – on several grounds – from holding that Office. For example, a recent close colleague of his remains under criminal investigation – and the role of the magistrates court in the institutional abuses of vulnerable children is itself a part of the police investigation.

At a survivors meeting, shouts down and heckles – along with, ironically, Jimmy Perchard, the man with political responsibility for child protection – a national BBC journalist. And in doing so, exhibiting all of the traditional oligarchy fear and hostility to external scrutiny.

Were I ever to become religious – though I move further away from such a concept at every single encounter with such supposed ‘Christians’ – I would thank Christ that none of the deeply disturbing dinosaurs who appear as Mr. Le Marquand’s supporters in the photo on page 5 of The Rag would ever have voted for me.

censored – a vote for “change”?

You’re having a laugh, right, ***?

You weren’t voted for on the grounds of “change”. You were elected because you tick all of the public’s boxes: you do it for them; you tickle their fancy; they want you: Right-wing, religious, ultra-conservative, paternalistic traditionalist from a Jersey oligarchy back-ground.

At least be honest about it."

Should you want to read the full item it is posted on Stuart Syvrets personal Blogg

Mod 4
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:13:05 AM by Mod 4 »
No vote, no voice; no reason to speak your mind, no reason to vote... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Offline Jack

Re: Senator Ian Le Marquand
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:15 AM »
44 views of this thread so far, not one word against the election topping Senator?

I think the silence of the 43 (as I am the 44th) readers to read this so far speaks volumes for this man.

And what of the allegations?

An unfounded attack?

Who knows, only the hand of the pen that wrote it can provide evidence to support his wisdom...

Want to find out more about this man?

Go and read his own words yourself: http://www.ianlemarquand.com/

Want to find out the truth, then ask him!
No vote, no voice; no reason to speak your mind, no reason to vote... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
The reason why people have not responded is that the Moderater should by now have starred out some of your personal attacks against the Senator.

Mods?
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline Jack

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »
The reason why people have not responded is that the Moderater should by now have starred out some of your personal attacks against the Senator.

Mods?

Hello Dylan, your post here is just too obvious, how can you possibly know what is in the mind of the moderator?
A personal friend of yours? I hope not.

Censorship is a terrible thing, especially here...

If this censorship exists, will this post be deleted by your will Dylan? I hope not...

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »
Not in the least, the rules of PJ are clearly no personal comments - perhaps you would click on the top listing and read them just to be on the safe side? I'm sure that the Moderator will bear me out.

Offline Jack

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »
Not in the least, the rules of PJ are clearly no personal comments - perhaps you would click on the top listing and read them just to be on the safe side? I'm sure that the Moderator will bear me out.

Are we not here to talk about politics, politics involves politicians, so where does this leave Senator Syvret?

If you cannot attack what a man stands for, attack the man...

So where does that leave us?

Do we blindly follow, and by association, condemn the Politics of this fledgling Senator, because Senator Syvret says so?

Double standards...

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »

Mod ?

Mod 4

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
Senator Syvret has his own site and should he wish to make personal attacks on his own blogg then that is for him to decide and be responcible for.

You have pointed this out Jack, however PJ is an open public site, and as you are personally aware, if you differ in views from a fellow posters thats fine but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Two other local sites also happy to get up close and personal have closed.
PJ moderators are familier with names associated with these other bloggs.

Thank you

Mod 4
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:06:43 AM by Mod 4 »

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 10:02:24 AM »
Thank you Mod 4 for clarifying that.

Offline Jack

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 10:19:43 AM »
Thank you Mod 4 for clarifying that.

Yes, thank you both very much.

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »

Mods?

And the Starring begins....................................

Offline Jack

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »
You have been warned and not just once Jack,

Now I have closed the door.

Mod 4

Admin please confirm and PM me.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:28:39 PM by Mod 4 »

Razzard

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
Oh well. I did like the work he did on the majority of the e-coli thread however. Strongly reccomend to anyone that they take time to read it.