Author Topic: JEC to reduce tariffs by 20%. No increase during 2010  (Read 934 times)

Offline david4pj

JEC to reduce tariffs by 20%. No increase during 2010
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

THE STATES assembled on Tuesday
8th September 2009, at 09.30 a.m. under
the Presidency of the Bailiff,
Michael Cameron St. John Birt Esquire.

Electricity tariffs: Regulations under Article 22 of the Electricity (Jersey) Law 1937 P.41/2009

THE STATES rejected a proposition of Senator Alan Breckon to request the Minister for Economic
Development to exercise his powers under Article 35 of the Electricity (Jersey) Law 1937 to safeguard the public interest by bringing forward for approval without delay Regulations under Article 22 of the Law to determine the tariffs to be made by the Jersey Electricity Company in respect of electricity which it supplied at rates which were at a reduction of 20% reduction from the present tariffs, with the reduction to take effect no later than 1st October 2009 and with no further increase in tariffs during 2010.,

Members present voted as follows –

POUR: 8                                                            CONTRE: 38                                      ABSTAIN: 0

Senator S. Syvret                                                Senator T.A. Le Sueur             
Senator A. Breckon                                            Senator P.F. Routier
Deputy of St. Martin                                          Senator P.F.C. Ozouf
Deputy J.A. Martin (H)                                      Senator T.J. Le Main
Deputy of Grouville                                           Senator F.E. Cohen
Deputy S. Pitman (H)                                         Senator J.L. Perchard
Deputy T.M. Pitman (H)                                    Senator S.C. Ferguson
Deputy D. De Sousa (H)                                      Senator A.J.D. Maclean
                                                                            Senator B.I. Le Marquand
                                                                            Connétable of St. Ouen
                                                                             Connétable of St. Helier
                                                                             Connétable of Trinity
                                                                             Connétable of Grouville
                                                                             Connétable of St. Brelade
                                                                             Connétable of St. Martin
                                                                             Connétable of St. John
                                                                             Connétable of St. Saviour
                                                                             Connétable of St. Clement
                                                                             Connétable of St. Peter
                                                                             Connétable of St. Lawrence
                                                                             Connétable of St. Mary
                                                                             Deputy R.C. Duhamel (S)
                                                                             Deputy R.G. Le Hérissier (S)
                                                                             Deputy J.B. Fox (H)
                                                                             Deputy of St. Ouen
                                                                             Deputy of St. Peter
                                                                             Deputy J.A. Hilton (H)
                                                                             Deputy P.V.F. Le Claire (H)
                                                                             Deputy J.A.N. Le Fondré (L)
                                                                             Deputy of Trinity
                                                                             Deputy S.S.P.A. Power (B)
                                                                             Deputy I.J. Gorst (C)
                                                                             Deputy M. Tadier (B)
                                                                             Deputy A.E. Jeune (B)
                                                                             Deputy E.J. Noel (L)
                                                                             Deputy T.A. Vallois (S)
                                                                             Deputy A.K.F. Green (H)
                                                                             Deputy J.M. Maçon (S)

THE STATES noted that, in accordance with the provisions of Standing Order 106(1)(a), Deputy Anne Teresa Dupré of St. Clement declared an interest and withdrew from the Chamber for the duration of the
debate.

Online boatyboy

Re: JEC to reduce tariffs by 20%. No increase during 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Senator Philip Ozouf

I introduced the Jersey Competition Regulatory Authority and the Competition Law. These laws now ban price fixing and regulate monopolies. This is starting to help reduce prices. I also want to see a deep-discount store in Jersey. On energy, I have asked the Statistics Unit to publish energy prices to name and shame excessive pricing. I have supported making grants to help insulate all homes.

I would bring all energy companies into the 20% tax band. This would help to pay for insulation grants. Lowering food prices and affordable energy will be one of my top priorities

Read more: http://www.thisisjersey.com/election/senators/issues/rising-prices/#ixzz1UTUzE4Ed

Asking the JEC to pay 20% in tax is not quite the same as reducing the cost by 20% but a close second best.    Why did you not vote yes ?

Computer says …………… NOT  KEEPING YOUR PROMISES   â€¦â€¦  Senator Ozouf
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:47:03 PM by boatyboy »