Author Topic: Civil Servant King.  (Read 563 times)

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Civil Servant King.
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »
There is no way that King should have a handshake of £70,000 because he resigned!
The £70,000 must be for him to keep his mouth shut!
This is taking the piss when he had a salary and lost so much money and expense air trips and liars when caught out on the air fares.
So why give him £70,000??????
To cover ozouf and others back from even more mistakes???????
Cannot wait for the JEP to find out.  They are at long last do a good job on telling the public just what is going on behind closed doors in the states.

Offline shortport

Re: Civil Servant King.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:59:05 AM »
I very much suspect that all his wrong doings and waste of taxpayers money is very much tried to be kept quiet.
The mainstream media have been very quiet about this,considering he is a mainstream island player,i don't expect anymore revelations to be coming from the JEP or others,i expect they,ve been told to downplay it.This should be front page news not a footnote.I'm guessing the fantasy film and golf trips are just the tip of the iceberg.Was he not also involved with Locate Jersey.Who has he let into the island and what backhanders did he get to smooth the way.
If we hire private jets and limos to impress potential clients I bet he's had the same treatment from potential incoming tax dodgers.
Be interesting to find out how much of the innovation fund has been lost,but i'm not holding my breath.
he should be investigated for abuse of public office not given £70,000.
Jersey must be the laughing stock of the UK by now.How many  high ranking civil servants have we paid off recently and at what cost to accountability and to what financial cost.
Why is no one ever accountable?
We're a bloody joke

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »
All part of his contract, it seems to be the Jersey way

Offline shortport

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 02:03:01 AM »
Is it true that Wayne Gallichan has also resigned?

Offline Fritz

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:42:00 PM »
Sod this resigning nonsense. They should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting fraud.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 03:42:59 PM »
ozouf on CTV last night just lying through his teeth as always!
In January he stated in the chamber he had full responsible for the fund, now he is saying i have come in as always to sort this out.
He and gorst,  maclean and farnham must resign from the states and then we can have an election to get people in who would be there for the people.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »
He is not called the King of spin for nothing he is an excellent orator.

No it is up to Chief Minister Gorst to actually act like a chief minister. As you write Chevalier Blanc I also have read that Ozouf takes full responsibility.

Hold on a minute lets have a google:

Ah this tells us Ozouf was in charge of innovation which includes the fund ( ? )

In his new role, Senator Ozouf is responsible for Jersey’s finance, competition, digital and innovative sectors.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/09/13/20000-report-finds-that-jersey-is-risk-averse-and-lacking-innovation-in-business/

Or here:

Senator Philip Ozouf has defended his involvement in the Innovation Fund, which is expected to lose £1.4m of tax payers' money.

The Assistant Chief Minister was in charge of the project, which lent money to a business which later went into liquidation.

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2017-01-13/senator-philip-ozouf-defends-involvement-in-innovation-fund/

If he says he was never given full information then this should be easy enough to prove, but did he actually ask for real time updates of risks liabilities,progress and profitability ? If not then it was his fault if he did then Ozouf will have proof to back up his claims he was not told or miss informed.

The Comptroller and Auditor General should be able to reserch this without the need to spend a small fortune on one of the States favourite accounting firms being brought in again wasting more money.

BB

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:24:56 PM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »
Late news:

The Jersey Innovation Fund board members include, from the left, Aaron Chatterley, Dave Allen, chairman Tim Herbert, Tim Ringsdore and Peter Shirreffs

It is reported that loans were given to organisations that board members had an interest in. This of course is conflict of the serious type. If the board member voted in favour and did not recluse themselves, hi Mike you busy in King Street, come and have a look at this lot and bring some of your boy's in blue before the shredding machine and computer delete button gets busy.

Ray Stanton and David McHattie have secured backing for their logfiller software company.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/02/16/is-the-jersey-innovation-fund-a-good-use-of-public-money-we-look-at-how-much-progress-has-been-made-since-they-opened-for-business/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:47:54 PM by boatyboy »