Author Topic: JEP Redunancies  (Read 216 times)

Offline shortport

JEP Redunancies
« on: December 04, 2016, 12:39:10 AM »
Latest news is that there might be some redundancies at the JEP.
Maybe if they had a better quality of journalist they might sell more papers.
Some proper investigative journalism looking at failures of our government and holding them to account rather than non stories about dogshit or iceskating.
Not to mention the terrible proof reading and errors.
I'm sure the JEP has been propped up by estate agents for years,as about a third of the paper is adverts for houses nobody can afford.
They need to start digging deep and bring us the stories we know are there,just not reported on.Or are they not as independent as they make out?

Online Jerry Gosselin

Re: JEP RedunDancies
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »
And now it is revealed (but not by the JEP!) that they allowed a fraudster to place an advert for jobs:

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2016-12-03/jersey-police-warn-of-newspaper-advert-scam/

Well whoever was supposed to be responsible for checking the authenticity of advertisers should rightly be the first to fall on their sword.

With any luck they'll have a major cull of these ex-politicians and wannabe future politicians who are all given their own columns to spout their propaganda in the paper. Not that I ever read what they have to say or even the paper itself for that matter.

Of course BBC Radio Jersey does the same thing itself every Sunday, using its Review the Papers show as a blatant vehicle to promote its own choice of 2018 Establishment candidates. It rotates the same small selection of political candidates every few weeks. Yesterday it was Lord Ferey's turn on the propaganda roundabout once again. I think the previous week it was either Son of Jehan or Son of Rondel. Whichever one it was, I laughed like hell when they described the areas which Donald Trump did best in as "the Rustic Belt" - classic!

I think the only one really worth reading in the JEP is Peter Body. He seems to have more sense than the whole of the States Assembly combined. What's the betting they just get rid of him and keep all the other useless planks, like future Senator Lucy Stephenson?

Bring back the Jersey Press and British Times! (or was it the British Press and Jersey Times?)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:00:45 AM by Jerry Gosselin »