Author Topic: Banks  (Read 381 times)

Offline ageofaquarius

Banks
« on: October 30, 2016, 01:19:45 AM »
I'm sure I am not the only who has received a 10 page questionnaire from their bank.  They want everything about anything that goes on in my account, how it is used, why, how much goes through....  e.g.  Where either the initial deposits or future deposits into the account have been derived from (or are likely to derive from) a source other than savings from your employment please provide additional details of these deposits.

I find bank talk dull, but this takes the biscuit. What they seem to want to know is, if I am receiving any monies from outside my day job, where does it come from.  Now, if I was fortunate enough to received funds from say a sugar daddy, or an arms/drug dealer, and assuming it is a substantial amount that I wanted to hide, I would get a clever accountant to hide it for me in some trust fund - I certainly wouldn't be opening up the establishment and would pass this form on to my accountant/lawyer/arms dealer whoever.

As ever, its the small guy who has to take the flack and the guy with the bucks who laughs all his way to the bank without having to waste his time filling in the form. Oh, and if I don't they have the right to close our a/c down!!

In closing I would like to add this is all just a crock of sh** ... and will take me at least 1 hour to complete. 

Offline shortport

Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 01:32:40 AM »
Which bank is this?
Some time ago I had some similar shit from HSBC.They wanted to know my social security number as well.I went down there and told them I wasn't prepared to give them that information and they backed down.As you say its not nice being treated like a criminal when a criminal would obviously dispose of their money in other ways.

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:51:36 PM »
nat west but I understand all the banks are doing this ... shortport you say they backed off once you confronted them - I'm wondering about the legality of handing in my s.s. number, surely its not relevant.  Any other PJ members had the same hassle?

Offline shortport

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 11:03:27 PM »
I am sure it was mentioned in the JEP some time ago with many people refusing to give out their SS number.
It is no business of theirs.When I went to my bank with the information they were asking for but said I don't want to give them my SS number the clerk was very pleasant and totally agreed with me and just carried on with the other security checks.It was no drama at all.
On a related note my mother recently went to JT to change her phone address and they wanted to see her tax returns and bank statements despite her having the same number for over 40 years!

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 02:10:56 AM »
OMG.. JT what on earth is it of their business.  We are living in strange times and 1984 is alive and well over here.