Author Topic: BREXIT and JERSEY ?  (Read 2807 times)

Offline boatyboy

BREXIT and JERSEY ?
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »
UK Official number of migrants = 257,000  however migrants registered to work getting National Insurance numbers =  630,000 over the same period.

The UK -Treasury refuses to give out figures on how many are paying tax and insurance.

The data Mr Cameron’s Government refuse to release.

All on BBC iplayer hit link the figures are revealed at the beginning of the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0725m33/daily-politics-26022016

bb
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:51:21 AM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

Re: BREXIT and JERSEY ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »

Of course most subjects attract personal subjective views.

This article in the Guardian written by Jon Henley, European affairs correspondent cast an objective view in that it supports other pieces I have read,  in that the EU as a body of twenty eight countries is becoming unstable ( and has no future )  but not just because of the refuge situation.

For those that may have an interest.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/29/support-europes-mainstream-political-parties-parliaments

BB

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 06:22:45 AM »

A bit of a shock really, maybe you fancy doing the poll regarding Brexit in the Expresse's online offering. I did, see for yourself - only 168,000 agree.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/658147/EU-referendum-Dutch-vote-UKIP-Nigel-Farage-Brexit-Brussels-Juncker

bb

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:23:38 AM »

Sorry duplication.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 04:54:59 AM »
So Senator Bailhache Minister for external affairs how is the Brussels office and France working out for you.

French finance minister sparks fury by claiming Britain 'would end up like Jersey' if we left EU

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3544228/He-doesn-t-know-s-talking-Brexit-supporting-Cabinet-minister-dismisses-President-Obama-s-EU-views-ahead-visit.html

bb

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »

Jersey may have no say but millions do and of course Jersey is a Crown Dependent island.

Is it not hypocritical for President Obama to lecture the UK when the USA would never allow its Government to be bossed around by others in other places as the UK is.

Breaking news today but remember Greece. It FAILED completely all the financial indicators that showed it to be in good economic health and was invited into the club called the EU.

The same thing is happening with Turkey and 80 million Muslims. Everyone to their own religion but are Turkeys values the same as western civilisation or is this another basket case ( like Greece ) being invited to into the EU to cause more disruption in the long run.

Quote:

Islamist Turkey seizes ALL Christian churches in city and declares them 'state property

Erdogan has courted open controversy in recent months with the seizure of opposition newspaper Zaman, which has unsurprisingly since toed a sycophantic pro-government li

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/663089/Islamist-Turkey-Erdogan-seize-Christian-churches-Diyarbakir-persecution-state-property

It must be clear that what was once just a clever way of bringing countries together to trade more easily to everyones advantage,  has just become a bureaucrat's paradise. EU tax payers money is being sent to Barbados which is nothing to do with the EU in any way shape or form. This may sound like being a good neighbour but remember the EU cannot balance its own books in twenty two years they have never been signed off. FIFA comes to mind.

http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/barbados/eu_barbados/political_relations/index_en.htm

On reflection Jersey will be in an interesting position if the UK votes to leave, and on reflection I hope they do.

BB

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »

Always concerned when Government  tries to pull the wool over the publics eyes by secret meetings, secret agendas and little transparency.

The other obvious question reader is if it is such a good idea and of benefit to the people of the world why keep it secret. Penicillin was celebrated not kept secret not the best example but you get the idea. So let us get it out in the open, 100,000 signatures automatically triggers a commons debate.

Petion standing at 13,500 signatures as today.

The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership is a series of trade negotiations carried out mostly in secret between the EU and US. TTIP will allow US corporations to do exactly as they wish in all areas of our lives e.g NHS. They will be able to sue countries if anything does not suit them.

This is happening via secret negotiations to suit US corporations. Many politicians in the UK / EU have little or no access to information to make decisions or debate what is best for their country. These Corporations will 'own' us and influence our NHS, environment, infrastructure etc plus be able to sue the UK if they think we have affected profits.

Public must be told, now!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119659

BB

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 03:02:10 AM »

Just a bit of fun well maybe, but are we, as reasonable and educated people getting fed up of general poor governance by leaders who are more interested in their own life styles , power  ambitions once elected.

Are we getting  disillusioned with lack of accountability lack of transparency and most  ( but not all ) politicians carrying out pet policies that add nothing to the general well being of the people. Has your quality of life improved in the last few years or are you working harder for less ?

Should the UK cut free from the EU.

Maybe you should have a go at the Telegraph poll.

Thank you for voting
72% Agree with you
358,560 voters. Share your opinion!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/hitler-for-remain-isil-for-brexit-can-the-eu-debate-sink-any-low/

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:10:56 PM »
What is not much known in the UK or matters much in Jersey ( unless the UK votes to leave ) is that many of the population in countries in the EU want out and are waiting for Britain's vote. Of course the Pro EU gravy train politicians know this.

Believe me or not as you wish but a personal German friend tells me that the German peole are seething with Merkel after the ( hard working ) Germans bailed out the lazy and corrupt Greek population ( his words not mine ) and now Merkel invites anyone into Germany. It follows that many Germans are thinking to be out of the EU would be a rather good idea, and that is putting it mildly. This conversation took place some time back, then I spotted this article.

Express.

But Chancellor Angela Merkel's grip on power is growing ever weaker, with rebellion across the country against her controversial immigration policies.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/678083/Germany-migrant-crisis-80-per-cent-no-documents-passport-registration

BB 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:23:08 PM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »

ycjarman

Won't you join our Common Market?, said the spider to the fly,
It really is a winner and the cost is not too high.
I know De Gaulle said "Non", but he hadn't got a clue,
We want you in, my friends and I, for we have plans for you.
You'll have to pay a little more than we do, just for now,

As Herr Kohl said, and I agree, we need a new milch cow,
It's just a continental term, believe me, mon ami,
Like "Vive la France" or "Mad Anglais" or even "E.E.C".

As to the rules, don't worry, friend, there are really but a few.
You'll find that we ignore them - but they all apply to you.
Give and share between us, that's what it's all about,
You do all the giving, and we all share it out.

It's very British, is it not, to help a friend in need?
You've done it twice in two World Wars, a fact we must concede,

So climb aboard the Market Train, don't sit there on the side,
Your continental cousins want to take you for a ride!

Offline Fritz

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 03:12:14 AM »
The whole of Europe is waiting for someone to make the first move and get out.
This whole ,"United States of Europe", only benefits those riding on the administration gravy train.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 05:02:56 PM »
Holland will get out as soon as England does. They have stated that there are so many colonies within Holland by different speaking people that within 30 years there will be no more Holland just a land of different areas of people. So they will go and then stop all the immigration coming in to their country.   
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:09:58 PM by Chevalier Blanc »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
The Truth is out there - it is just a case of research.

BREXIT the MOVIE 

………………..     that should be on TV with the big names that appear, but it so far has not surfaced, why ?

How does the EU work ? a film with humour, and questions answers and truth.

Bottom line =  The EU exposed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k

The Moment Of Truth

BB

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
My partner put it so well.

All the arguments and spin on the TV debates have not impacted as they had hoped.

The information required to make an informed decision is on the internet. This circumnavigated the official scaremongering of the remain campaign.

For my part, I think people have had it up to the back teeth of lying, self interested politicians and big business and banks ( avoiding their tax responsibilities and banks ripping off ordinary people ) and this referendum was largely a protest vote against a Government that talk's the talk but cannot walk the walk.

BB
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:44:23 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Fritz

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 05:12:55 AM »
Cant wait to see how quickly the rest of Europe reacts. Just about every country was waiting to see who had the balls to make the first move and dismantle this self-serving quango.