Author Topic: Just say NO to GMO in Jersey....  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
Just say NO to GMO in Jersey....
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
In 1999 the States adopted a policy that the Island should be free from the growing of genetically modified crops. The most recent States rural paper called for re-evaluation of the risks and benefits of GM.  In my opinion a needless exersize , the answer must be a resounding NO to GMO.

Online shortport

Re: Just say NO to GMO in Jersey....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »
I agree with you there,but as we know greed conquers all in Jersey,so where ever there is more profit to be made that's what will happen.
Such a shame as I always thought that Jersey as a small island had a lot of potential to be clean,green and organic.You know,solar and tidal power,electric cars and public transport powered by the former and only organic food grown.Wouldn't it be a lot healthier and a model to the world.
Still I can't see the muppets in finance ready to give up their 4 by 4's and Porsches for an electric car,wouldn't be good for their image.

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Re: Just say NO to GMO in Jersey....
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 05:31:52 AM »
I agree a resounding NO to GMO but to be honest I don't hold out much hope.  I don't use tin foods anymore as it is almost a foregone conclusion that items within those tins are GMO tainted.  All wheat products are tainted as even the Co-op can't absolutely ensure that their products don't contain GMO I am lead to believe.  Not sure if I can believe the Co-op anymore though having just read about their ex Methodist Chairman and his alleged pension for Crystal Meths and enticing young people to get high on it. :(

I am more concerned these days about getting a gieger counter from somewhere to ensure my food isn't emitting clicks - fish somehow finding its way from Fukishima and vegetables being imported from Japan.  One never knows.   Oh yes and a good supply of special Iodine to ward off the effects of the good old radiation might be helpful in the store cupboard as well. 

Our goose is nearly cooked folks.  :(

A sort of Karmic reaction on humans maybe?
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored