Author Topic: Constable John Refault and the invisible meeting.  (Read 5911 times)

Offline boatyboy

Constable John Refault and the invisible meeting.
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:24:16 AM »
Just noticed this, so is that how the electoral commission is desperate to get agreement, one man can speak for a parish or a few friends of the constable call a meeting that others do not know about and submit a submission speaking for all the thousands that live in that Parish.

Maybe I have got this wrong, but do Constables, sorry I meant Turkey's vote for Christmas ?

If you went to the meeting or saw it advertised please inform the PJ readership.

Anonymous said...

Is this a joke. I live in St Peter never heard of a meeting. How many turned up then john? This submission makes us fine St Peter people look like complete backward idiots.

?SUBMISSION TO ELECTORAL COMMISSION

Submission No: From:
Dated:
Submission:

Connétable John Refault on behalf of the parishioners of St. Peter 31 July 2012

The Parish of St Peter held a meeting of Parishioners to get a broad selection of views from them on the Electoral Reform. The results were as follows:- Retain the 12 Connetables - have 12 Deputies, one for each Parish and an further number of Senators with no agreement on number with Island wide representation.

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7124117913567332282&postID=248544677181737163

bb
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:17:04 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Re: Constable John Refault and the invisible meeting.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »
Oh BB how terrible and they tell us we live in a democracy!

Maybe the citizens of St Peter should be made aware of what was decided in their name so that those who live like mushrooms can be made aware of the seriousness of the predicament of people living on this island if the Electoral Reform Commission (Farce) steam-roller their wishes on the whole island - before it is too late.

Cali

TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »

Actually Calimachon that is why I asked if I have got it wrong ? because I can't believe a Constable of a parish -  no lets make that any politician who has respect for their constituents, and even more a deep respect for democracy would act in such a way, are they that thick that they thought no one would notice ?

Surely someone reading this will update us on the true state of affairs at St Peters. This cannot be an invention of John Refault.

I would hope that the local media also get on to this and if it turns out to be true,

Connétable John Refault on behalf of the parishioners of St. Peter 31 July 2012

will face a vote of no confidence by the good people of St. Peters and resign.

BB

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
Perhaps they should get hold of their deputy and make life abit hard for her. She should be voicing her concerns over this. There again it tells you who are establishment.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »

To be fair to John Refault, while technically correct, was he right to write in to the EC mentioning the parishioners, when so few attended ? Was this on the other hand a brave move to get more people involved, or did he have an idea of who would attend ie friends and honoury police so made a slick move to gain advantage ?

Tony says.

I did contact him and he was perfectly willing to share the details of the meeting with me! There's no conspiracy here, even if perhaps he should have put the numbers - more on that anon.

http://tonymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-parish-of-st-peter-and-electoral.html

Offline Jerry Gosselin

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »
Tony says.

I did contact him and he was perfectly willing to share the details of the meeting with me! There's no conspiracy here, even if perhaps he should have put the numbers - more on that anon.

http://tonymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-parish-of-st-peter-and-electoral.html

I read the article by Tony on the link you highlighted. I notice that he says the following about parish assemblies:

Personally, I think that postal voting in advance would be a good idea, or if propositions are made at the assembly for different rates, an opportunity of a week after when people could submit a postal vote would be also good. Matters can be better, and should be.

Good to know that I'm not completely alone, as I've been calling for a change like that in St Helier for years but the familiar 'turkeys and Christmas' syndrome prevents anyone taking any notice. If I can't get anyone to listen in the supposedly enlightened St Helier, what chance is there of progress in the country parishes? I gave up attending parish assemblies in the mid-1990's when I realised what a complete fix it was, with just a handful of influential bigwigs managing to control the outcome of every vote. It stinks. The law that governs parish assemblies is well over 200 years old, which tells you all you need to know really.  >:(

I have also just noticed a new submission dated 14th August made by Mr Refault:

http://www.electoralcommission.je/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Refault-Conn%C3%A9table-John.pdf

Amongst his tremendously important and highly influential suggestions is that the name 'Deputy' ought to be dropped because he often gets asked the question 'Are they your Deputy...?"::) presumably meaning like a Deputy Sheriff is the assistant to the Sheriff, or something. This gives you an idea of the trite level of reasoning some States Members rely on when debating far-reaching legislative changes. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe a true Jersey person could ever have asked such an ignorant question... unless it was a student!  :D The fact that some newcomers to the island don't understand the meaning of the term 'Deputy' isn't a valid reason to suggest re-naming it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:28:36 PM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline tonytheprof

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
Presumably Senator should be dropped because people will be looking for politicians kitted out in togas like the statue in the Royal Square.

And on that basis, Constable is also suspect, because people will think that Dixon of Dock Green is running the Parish!

Offline Sam Mezec

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »
And not to mention "Bailiff" too which has a different meaning in England. Not sure which type of Bailiff I'd rather run into...

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »
I wonder how long Sam is going to be training for a law degree because hopefully he will stand for the States.

Offline shortport

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 03:34:55 AM »
I hope he does too,he's already talked enough sense to get my vote and he's got a great taste in music ;D

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »
I wonder how long Sam is going to be training for a law degree because hopefully he will stand for the States.
I hope he does too,he's already talked enough sense to get my vote and he's got a great taste in music ;D

I can only agree with your two.  He would get my vote should he stand for office in the future as well!

Cali :)
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 02:21:17 AM »

Can this be really true ? , an assistant minister of health, Constable John Refault is actually trying to get development past, failed and now wants the planning minister  removed ? 

This has to be investigated by the main stream media if there is an ounce of truth.

How about a guess at the possible article title  !

Constable Refault stabs Planning minister in back for not getting plot of houses past, but insists he is not conflicted or abusing his position.

truthseeker

August 13, 2013 at 11:37 am

This is ironic that one of the three is st Peter Constable John Refault, deeply dissapointed his own parishioners and was thrashed at his own parish meeting recently for trying to get a plot of houses passed in the green lane near the rugby club…this is why the constables should be out of the states and not in bed with developers or being brokers or dealmakers….and a good clue as to why he wants Duhamel gone, disgusting backstabbing for all the wrong reasons, are there no straight men anymore..?

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2013/08/12/knives-out-for-the-minister/

Boatyboy.

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Good Post Boatyboy!

I view aghast at the brazenness of this Constable if what I read is true.  Doesn't deserve to be in the position of Constable if what is written is true.  I echo the feelings of truthseeker "are there no straight men anymore..?".  Also I think it is time we note the company he keeps and that way we may have an idea of who else may be bringing dishonour to  our government  by using underhand tactics.  I am thinking of Health here. 

It saddens me to read this as I love  my island and I want good honest men/women to be at the helm.

Cali