Author Topic: Jersey Bloggers start new broadcast initiative on blog.tv  (Read 4672 times)

ole razzy

Jersey Bloggers start new broadcast initiative on blog.tv
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

In what appears to be in direct response to the local broadcast medias relectance to get involved with the ongoing issues surrounding the removal from office of the former Chief of Police Graham Power, local bloggers and PJ members Rico Sorda and VFC have started their own online TV station.

http://www.blogtv.com/People/voiceforchildren

I have not had the chance to watch it yet but I understand that there is a live broadcast tonight at 7pm. Just click on the link at said time if your'e interested.

I personally think the whole concept is quite interesting but will it catch on?

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Re: Jersey Bloggers start new broadcast initiative on blog.tv
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:17:58 AM »
Sadly i only could watch the test broadcast but i hope a lot of people watched it and hope it gains many many viewers over the next few weeks. The public need an outlet like this to get to hear and see the truth on what the establishment are doing to cover up so many things and to lie just to keep themselves in power. Good Luck to you all and thank you for giving us some hope.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »
Thanks CB,

I interviewed Deputy Tadier last night and  was happy with it. Its just the beginning. These are things we must do. We really are run by a toxic bunch of clowns and have been for many years.

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Jerry Gosselin

Re: Jersey Bloggers: Montfort Tadier- the uncomfortable truth
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
Would that be the same Deputy Montfort Tadier who, in late 2009, was one of three States Members chosen to sit on a Working Party to review the Public Elections (Jersey) Law 2002? Its subsequent report, released in July 2010, failed to even mention that Article 4 - which contains a blanket ban on prisoners voting in Jersey public elections- was known to be in direct breach of Article 3, Protocol No. 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights, as a result of the Court's decision in Hirst v United Kingdom. It therefore required immediate action by the States of Jersey.

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/AssemblyReports/2010/20034-13027-272010.pdf

What is more, I had alerted the States to this serious breach as far back as February 2005 during a previous review of the law, but they chose to ignore me.

The fact that this incompatibility with a convention right was not even referred to by the 2010 Working Party is nothing short of an astonishing breach of duty, in my opinion. Tadier could have submitted a minority report of his own on Article 4 but he still said nothing. The big question is whether that Working Party knew about the ECHR breach but agreed not to mention it, possibly out of fear of negative electoral consequences the following year, or whether they were just completely incompetent in their review. If they were given legal advice at the time not to recommend any change because negotiations were still continuing with Strasbourg, then they should have mentioned this in their report. This would have at least alerted all States Members and the public to the fact that the island's elections law was not humans rights compliant. It is a fact that they they have a right to know.

So thankfully for Deputy Tadier, he went into last year's elections without the taint of being the politician who gave prisoners at La Moye the vote and was therefore safely re-elected. As a consequence, it would appear on the face of it that anyone detained at La Moye on election day last year now has a bona fide claim for compensation from the States because they were prevented from exercising their human right to vote. However, I rather doubt that the prison authorities have made any attempt to inform them of this which may explain why we have not heard of any prisoners suing the States so far.

Despite his attempts to portray himself as an anti-establishment figure, the truth is that by failing to give States Members the chance to debate Article 4 in 2010, he got them out of a tricky vote-losing situation, for which they are all very grateful, I'm sure. Therefore how should that gratefulness be rewarded now?

How about the new Bailhache-controlled Privileges and Procedures Committee setting up another sub-committee in 2012 to review the same law over again and being "minded to" appoint Deputy Tadier to chair it?  ;D

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/AssemblyMinutes/2012/PPC%20Minutes%2011th%20January%202012.pdf

As it turned out, citizen Tadier has opted instead to take the chairmanship of another sub-committee reviewing the machinery of government, with Deputy Judy Martin chairing the latest election law review. Sir Philip Bailhache expressed reservations about Deputy Southern being appointed to the public elections sub-committee but expressed no similar reservations about Tadier's desire to chair it, so we have to presume that Montfort has Sir Philip's full confidence:-[

All this just doesn't sit too comfortably alongside Tadier's radical public image, does it?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:35:03 PM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:32 PM »
Don't be surprised about States Members ignoring you they are all champions at it.

rs

Offline Jerry Gosselin

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:42:46 AM »
A bit off-topic, but for anyone who didn't like my attack on Tadier, how about I balance it up a bit by replying directly to the Chief Executive of Jersey Finance, who posted comments on thisisjersey.com on Friday designed to sully the reputation of Christian Aid (how much lower can these fat cats stoop?):

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/04/26/finance-responds-to-%E2%80%98tax-haven%E2%80%99-charge/#comment-147737

And feel free to join in that debate. This link will only work if and when my comments are published.

In 2006/07, Christian Aid spent £63.9 million responding to emergencies and supporting development programmes in nearly 50 of the world’s poorest countries. That compares to less than £9 million which the Jersey government is allocating this year to the Jersey Overseas Aid Commission. Out of the two, I think I know who I'd rather listen to when it comes to a debate about international development and third world poverty.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:52:33 AM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »
Looks like you called it right Jerry and upset someone,

JEP

@14   Geoff Cook

April 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm

If you have an interest in testing the Christian Aid assertions objectively please go to the following:-

Tax evasion, tax avoidance and tax expenditures in developing countries: A review of the literature
Clemens Fuest and Nadine Riedel
Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation
This version: June 19th, 2009

INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRES AND DEVELOPING COUNTRIES:
Providing institutions for growth and poverty alleviation
Professor Jason Sharman

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmintdev/writev/1821/tax20.htm

You will quickly discover the Christian Aid work linked to TJN propaganda and has no evidential base which any respectable academic would support.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/04/26/finance-responds-to-‘tax-haven’-charge/#comment-147737

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:44 AM »
Just watched Blog tv, it is catching on last week 34 this week up to 452 at one time. Rico will need to protect the active real time blog that runs along side it as the Trolls came on trying to spoil it towards the end.

They are very new to this and doing a terrific job.

Two  suggestions.

Stop the idiots who love to spoil communication from getting what they want.

Invite a broad selection of guests talking about a wide but up to date subject.

LIke Someone from the retail world telling tvblog how shops are coping and how the States could help.

Someone from Jersey Heritage, being questioned on how they have upgraded their business plan and promotions for 2012.

Invite States members on to answer questions regarding their achievements and hopes for the future. 

Although Rico does a good job, have him do a Paxman and let two speakers with opposing views debate.

This would broaden the debate, and rather than have a blog running which I think should be stopped, take questions relative to the subject being discussed only. There are plenty of blogs to air your views this being the only one in real time, with light touch mods.

BB

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:55:21 AM by boatyboy »

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 02:04:48 AM »
Thanks for the quick response BB

We are taking all advice on board. I will be able to kick trolls off on the next broadcast. We will be working with Blog Tv on the best method. We are learning our trade as we go so all feed back is brilliant.

We have already talked about your suggestions so many thanks BB

rs

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »
So pleased that the numbers are climbing in the viewing figures. Let us hope that this is where the people will get their information from on how the Island is being run. The voting just might change in the furure.
Bet in the very near future that the establishment will try to close down the blog one way or another.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:51 PM »
In what appears to be in direct response to the local broadcast medias relectance to get involved with the ongoing issues surrounding the removal from office of the former Chief of Police Graham Power, local bloggers and PJ members Rico Sorda and VFC have started their own online TV station.

http://www.blogtv.com/People/voiceforchildren

I have not had the chance to watch it yet but I understand that there is a live broadcast tonight at 7pm. Just click on the link at said time if your'e interested.

I personally think the whole concept is quite interesting but will it catch on?

We will be interviewing former Deputy of St Mary Daniel Wimberly at 7pm on Blog TV

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
The whole Island should tune in Tonight to hear just what the establishment under the leadership of bailhache have done to the independent committee on the reform of the States.
I am sure this will be spoken about tonight.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
Speaking of local broadcasts ,,,,,,,,anyone see the appointment of liquidators to Troys Stevedores in last nights rag?
Seems the liquidators are Grant Thornton Employees ,which is where Ben Shenton works .....Are the Shentons still involved in Steveodoring in general or troys in particular......if so , would there not be a conflict of interest??

ole razzy

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »
Probably. Who knows? Anyway nobody will bother asking any questions. As Dick once famously said 'a little bit of corruption never did anybody any harm'.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »

Disagree with you Stuntman when you say,

Is Blog.tv the right place for serious debate because to me it's more like a chimpanzees' tea party but on a greater scale for people that want to be famous for 15 Minutes?

Thats a bit like saying that the Times, Telegraph and Independant ( to name but three ) should not be read because of a comic like the Sun is also published as a newspaper, its the content that matters not the medium.

bb