Author Topic: Steve Pallett.  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Steve Pallett.
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:00:27 AM »
Steve has said that he will give all his time to the Parish and listen to what they have to say about different things that come up in the States to know which way to vote. He also said that he would go onto a scrutiny panel if asked to for certain things. It may be a close call.

Offline northerner

Re: Steve Pallett.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
Not a chance of Steve getting in

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 05:36:36 AM »
Of course you  are entitled to your opinion Northerner, but help me out here because I get more than a little confused.

What on God’s earth happens to some people when they are suddenly placed in Government by islanders from all walks of life who have trust, confidence and positive optimism in a newly elected upstanding person.

A couple of years later, and many lunches, meetings and reports, some politicians seem to have completely forgotten the number one priority - the people.

Not the rich, poor disabled a commitment to do your level best to try and improve - all - peoples quality of life.

Ok not an easy task, sometimes a thankless task but an important task as being  one of fifty odd people that has a defining, deep, even life changing vote, which has attached to it a great honour and responsibility.

Being a Minister again is a difficult task in an entrenched civil service, but the Minister  of TTS in my opinion is there to make sure that his department is answerable to the public. I know there are  many skilled professionals working at TTS.

Mike Jackson is to busy telling us all to cycle and as Minister of TTS, protecting his new friends in that tall tower, rather than looking after the islanders who pay for every man, shovel and lorry.

He will like many others be put out to grass on the 19th

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3303.msg51503.html#msg51503

BB
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:16:46 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Gazza

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 06:49:24 PM »
Congratulations to Steve and to the parishoners of St Brelade.
The headstones debacle was a clear example of a Constable who was out of touch and its fantastic that some of the dead wood has been removed.
Good luck.

Offline en830

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
A friend got accosted on election morning by the wife of a former "senior" ;) politician who informed him that "she" wasn't speaking to him because he was backing Steve Pallett.

Congratulations to Steve, he was the only St Brelade candidate to knock on our door and because of that, got three votes from this household !!!
You can't get good chinese takeout in China and cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism

Offline man in the street

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
i live in another parish, but  i am glad to see he was elected and jackson gone.

Offline tonytheprof

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 05:03:07 AM »
Jackson did a lot better in TTS than Guy de Faye - no unilateral decisions, pilot schemes then put out more widely, double deckers, more bush shelters, low energy light bulbs along cycle track at St Aubin's bay.

Where he fell down was more at the Parish level - e.g. headstones debacle, where he was passive and retrenched into not doing anything rather than pro-active.

Offline man in the street

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
yes the head stone issue  did it for me

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
Not a chance Northerner.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »

Hi Tony good to see you commentating but you are off the mark on this one,

Where he fell down as you say is that he got so involved ( or in love  ) with the TTS job that he clearly floated from reality. How on earth can you head a department that should through its own incompetance not fix the roads properly and a member of the public gets hurt using the road try and absolve all blame from the department responsible. He did, please see link

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3303.msg51503.html#msg51503

BB

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »
Yes and as i have stated before  "Where are taxes from the fuel which is meant to go to repair roads etc"?
ozouf probable spent it on something else. He is always pinching money from where he should not be to pay for the expense things that the establishment want.