Author Topic: Oh why can't we have politicians like this?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Oh why can't we have politicians like this?
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »
Go look at this video, if you don't like his politics you must admit he could have had a second career as a comedian:

http://www.joe.ie/news-politics/world-affairs/video-donald-trump-ed-by-obama-0011892-1

The video is down the page but very, very funny and topical.

Cali ;D
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline boatyboy

Re: Oh why can't we have politicians like this?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 05:37:48 AM »
Hate him or like him, a lesson in how to side step the puffed up, I am so important, out of touch speaker in the UK government. I am no great fan of President Trump, but I take a let us wait and see position. The sad state of self interest, out of touch with the people politics and politicians of today needs an overhaul as Brexit and Trump underlines.

Mail.

Donald Trump is not interested in addressing Parliament when he makes a state visit to the UK this summer, it emerged last night.
More than 200 MPs have backed a call for the US President to be refused the chance to make a joint address in Westminster Hall during his expected visit in June.
Commons Speaker John Bercow also launched an extraordinary attack on Mr Trump this week, saying his 'racism and sexism' meant he was not fit to be accorded the honour.

End.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4213364/What-snub-Trump-does-not-want-speak-parliament.html

Bloody classic, they did not see that coming.

Boatyboy.

Offline Jerry Gosselin

Re: Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable source'
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:11:02 PM »
The editors described the arguments for a ban as “centred on the Daily Mail’s reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat-out fabrication”.

The Wikimedia Foundation, which runs Wikipedia but does not control its editing processes, said in a statement that volunteer editors on English Wikipedia had discussed the reliability of the Mail since at least early 2015.

It said: “Based on the requests for comments section [on the reliable sources noticeboard], volunteer editors on English Wikipedia have come to a consensus that the Daily Mail is ‘generally unreliable and its use as a reference is to be generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist’.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/08/wikipedia-bans-daily-mail-as-unreliable-source-for-website

So it's official at last: the Daily Mail is fake news people!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/HopeNotHate

Offline Jerry Gosselin

Re: Oh why can't we have politicians like this?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
The 'fools' are surely the ones who can't (or won't) face up to the raison d'etre of the Daily Mail, which is not to provide us with factually-sound information in an independent and impartial way, but rather to sway its readers towards the same warped political and cultural values of its tax-dodging multi-millionaire proprietor.

As for Trump, a lot of comparisons have obviously been made with the Nazi era and from the perspective of the totally shambolic, disorganised and ad hoc way his administration has governed so far, those comparisons are quite valid. However, I can't help thinking that maybe he reminds me more of Germany's World War I leader, Kaiser Wilhelm, than Hitler. Both of them achieved their power through accidents of birth rather than their suitability for public office - Wilhelm was a hereditary monarch in an age of hereditary monarchs and Trump was fortunate enough to be born into a family of great wealth in a country where the elected presidents are usually multi-millionaires.

If all leaders should ultimately be judged on the end results of their leadership then Wilhelm must surely go down as one of the worst in history. Germany was right on the brink of being the greatest economic and military power in Europe in 1914 but Wilhelm led it to complete destruction and social anarchy by 1918. This in turn laid the foundations for Hitler's rise and the total destruction of Germany all over again.

Could Trump's total unsuitability for public office lead us all down the same path to international military conflict? I am more than a little concerned that it will and that Britain could then be forced into defending and excusing the consequences of his recklessness. His presidency has the appearance of a car crash about to happen and all the other leaders of the world must take care to ensure they're not passengers in his vehicle when it eventually goes off the road. As for the Shia muslims, the Mexicans, the Cubans, the Venezualans, the Palestinians and heaven knows how many other races of people he decides to bully, they will need to avoid being run over by him!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:59:07 AM by Jerry Gosselin »