Author Topic: HARBOUR HOIST "OUT OF ACTION"  (Read 2317 times)

Offline shaun the sheep

HARBOUR HOIST "OUT OF ACTION"
« on: April 17, 2011, 11:00:52 PM »
The small Hoist has been out of action for the last week.
The large Hoist can not lift the smaller boats of 5/6 ton,
parts are going to take some 3months to arrive.
so much for maintance me thinks

Offline man in the street

Re: HARBOUR HOIST "OUT OF ACTION"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 02:38:51 AM »
it always gets me when its a life time to get parts, have" marine and hydralics" looked at it , they  are capable of fixing most things.
  given some 90 days you could circle the globe so i am told.

Offline The greybelly

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 03:29:34 AM »
Where on earth do you get your info? Obviously from someone "in the know" I would guess that you are employees of Wise Handling, the manufacturers of said machines. Thanks very much for your input.Wouldn't it be great if everyone was privvy to the same level of operational knowlege. Or, perhaps you might well be in the employ of the Harbours?
I will be straight onto "marine and hydralics"(sic) a.m. to see if they can knock up a fully functional,approved and EEC certified piece of heavy lifting machiney that will satistfy all the relevant type approval certification processes and insurance validation needs. Don't hold your breath folks!

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 05:29:51 AM »
Why do you think that the Harbours Engineering side went to TTS?
The manager of the Harbour Engineer has been put to pillar and post in the last 3 years and now has been made to take early retirement. He was never any good and only employed under managers who knew less than him, so you see why maintenance was never really done well. When the staff told him something needed doing, he would say "I do not believe so". Then when the trouble kicked in he would say " I do not recall saying that".
So now you have TTS who have no idea at all about anything to do with marine things. Never mind what the work on the Harbours requiry.
Just for the record this manager was in total charge for 12 years. Cost the States between 2.5 and 3 million pound on his mistakes. The men knew what would not work etc and told him so but he was the boss.
Power in the wrong hands is a very bad thing!!!

Offline The greybelly

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:20:27 AM »
My dear fellow. Can you qualify when you say his mistakes cost this much? This is powerful juju of which you speak.If you know,  let us know pretty please.

Offline The greybelly

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:24:36 AM »
Dear shaun the sheep.
Why are the parts for the boat hoist going to take 3months? s a tax payer,I demand an answer!

Offline man in the street

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 03:34:06 AM »
greybelly , the hoist is a donkey motor driving a collection, of hydralic wheels ,  and jacks ,  thru hoses pipes and valves, not unlike a jcb type machine  .who the feck is wise handling??