Author Topic: New look for BBC Jersey website  (Read 11035 times)

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Re: New look for BBC Jersey website
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
Rico - if you want to make a difference instead of posting articles online to a few followers to gush at your every word - stand for the States. You never know, your followers may vote you in!

Ok Common  Sense lets cut straight to the chase. Why do you have a problem with me? Your posts are directed at me so come on out with it. Why am I twisting your balls so much? What is the real reason?

You sound like my old sparring partner Iruka.

I have no intention of standing for the States

"I take it you don't listen or watch the local ITV and BBC stations much then?"

How many do we have?

You know what really gets my goat about people like you Common Sense is that your not original. "Rico - if you want to make a difference instead of posting articles online to a few followers to gush at your every word - stand for the States. You never know, your followers may vote you in!"

Is that it? I research put up solid facts and thats it lol bloody hilarious

I have never worried about people like you and I never will for one reason

The Issues are so very serious

He who has many faces

Ciao

rs

one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline newt

• little creatures sometimes have big teeth. beware!
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 05:11:02 AM »
Common Sense ??? 

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
Rico - if you want to make a difference instead of posting articles online to a few followers to gush at your every word - stand for the States. You never know, your followers may vote you in!

Ok Common  Sense lets cut straight to the chase. Why do you have a problem with me? Your posts are directed at me so come on out with it. Why am I twisting your balls so much? What is the real reason?

You sound like my old sparring partner Iruka.

I have no intention of standing for the States

"I take it you don't listen or watch the local ITV and BBC stations much then?"

How many do we have?

You know what really gets my goat about people like you Common Sense is that your not original. "Rico - if you want to make a difference instead of posting articles online to a few followers to gush at your every word - stand for the States. You never know, your followers may vote you in!"

Is that it? I research put up solid facts and thats it lol bloody hilarious

I have never worried about people like you and I never will for one reason

The Issues are so very serious

He who has many faces

Ciao

rs

I think this posting deserves the PJ order of merit!
Huzzah!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 04:53:05 AM »
Ryan

People can ask questions all day but its up to the host to make sure the questions are answered and challenged. They must make sure the  minister is held to account. All we get is caller asks a question, Minister gives an answer. Now, it could be any answer because the person in the studio is none the wiser. We then we move onto the next caller and so on. I love the five live phone in's because they get answers.

"I think the idea is that people can call up and put their own questions to the ministers - which creates a challenge in itself."

Ryan

What challenge would that be? There is no challenge. I think all the local media should have a serious workshop and decide if the want to be independent and for the people, or, remain the establishment mouthpiece. Just like in the middle east ryan the local media have been found out. They must shoulder a lot of the blame for our standard of Government. How many big stories or scoops have our media uncovered in keeping our Government in check? School Exams.

Starting from 1948 lets name them

rs

So, how we doing

Anyone, must be one Story

rs

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »
Hi Ryan

Could you explain why there were no BBC Jersey reporters at the directions hearing of Stuart Syvret today. I was in court for the 40 minute hearing and it was quite a listen. The reason being can be found here. http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.com/2011/03/stuart-syvret-court-case-part-2.html

BBC Jersey ran with the same headline all day. I find it amazing that the station didn't have a reporter there. Could you please offer an explanation for this? I must give the Jep credit for having a reporter in attendance. The issues being raised in these court cases are huge and yet not a peep.

I know he says he wont talk to the media and I also know that is no excuse for not covering it, so what was the reason?

rs

Offline man in the street

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 12:35:15 AM »
would love to have the time off to go to this trial and hear it from the horses mouth , so to speak.
  and say thankyou to those who made it possible to listen to something about the case.
 and hope that the reporting , will be availlable  to us , from those who can attend.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 01:27:36 AM »
Hi Ryan

Could you explain why there were no BBC Jersey reporters at the directions hearing of Stuart Syvret today. I was in court for the 40 minute hearing and it was quite a listen. The reason being can be found here. http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.com/2011/03/stuart-syvret-court-case-part-2.html

I know he says he wont talk to the media and I also know that is no excuse for not covering it, so what was the reason?

rs

There trying to find the out which person out of the thousands that want to see the back of Stuart, and the one that  actually wasted their time to speak to him.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:35:12 AM by Dundee »

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:41 AM »
There trying to find the out which person out of the thousands that want to see the back of Stuart actually wasted their time to speak to him.

Hi Dundee

?

rs

Offline GeeGee

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 01:54:21 AM »
'There trying to find the out which person out of the thousands that want to see the back of Stuart actually wasted their time to speak to him.'

Likewise Rico ?????????, what on earth does this comment mean?

It is a great shame that the msm were not in evidence today as they could have a couple of really good stories on their hands. Glad to see it fell to Citizens Media to get the scoop(s). And.......good to see new Stuart supporters in evidence in the Court as well.

Offline ryanmorrison

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 03:23:33 AM »
Hi Ryan

Rico

I'm not the one who decides where to deploy staff but my personal suggestion would be that we don't have enough staff to send to a court hearing - we rarely send to court hearings for that very reason.

While most of the people working at BBC Radio Jersey are journalists, once you take out presenters, newsreaders, producers and people required to be in listening (compliance requirements from BBC in the UK) there aren't many people left over to go out and sit in a court.

But again - deciding who to send where is not my job - that is just my own opinion.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply Ryan

rs

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 03:55:11 AM »
Ryan

Thanks for the response, but really that old red herring again not enough staff accepted it's not your decision, so what is your boss doing for goodness sake ?

If that is the case, what the hell are your bosses also doing with the £3,500,000,000 yes £3.5 billion taken in licence fees ? plus other revenue from concerts CD's etc, and they cannot send one solitary reporter to a very important court case.

How would it be if  BBC Jersey are taken to the advertising standards authority for advertising the fact that BBC Jersey covers and reports on up to date news coverage when obviously BBC Jersey falls well short, as today clearly proves.

BB
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:24:12 AM by boatyboy »

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 04:19:30 AM »
BB

Im still in shock from Ryan's answer. What a bloody mess.

rs

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »
All I can say is I am so disgusted with that answer that I am going to ban 'him indoors' from listening to BBC Jersey in my presence.  He will have to use earphones or switch to another station.

Cali  >:(
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Online shaun the sheep

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 07:12:04 AM »
STOP PAYING TV LICENCE.
START A CAMPAINE FOR BETTER SERVICE.
WE PAY FULL PRICE, AND ONLY GET HALF A SERVICE