Author Topic: Bungled Jersey child abuse probe branded a '£20million shambles'.  (Read 23740 times)

Offline newmac

Re: Bungled Jersey child abuse probe branded a '£20million shambles'.
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »
I don't see whats weird about people talking about it. It's not about Syvret, Harper etc, It's about Serious Child Abuse.

Here's a link to a request for more money and some of it I would say is normal running costs and extra costs :-\

http://www.gov.je/StatesGreffe/MinisterialDecision/HealthSocialServices/2009/mdhss20090059.htm?DisplayReport=true

The Backbencher

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
You are doing a Mr Sorda and posting old news again and all he is doing is trying to question a report that was made months ago and already read by millions of people nationwide.  Can we not have a week or two without any of this boring crap being re-run again?  There are websites all over the world dedicated solely to child abuse, there is childline in the UK and upteen groups on facebook so why do we have to have this story regurgitated to us over and over again on here?  It really is boring now.

Offline newmac

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »
It's not old news, it is current news there is still a ongoing investigation.

If your not interested don't read and don't post on the subject it's not hard.

I'm sure if it's against the forum rules to discuss this issue the admin will advise us and lock all topics so they can no longer be addded to.

The Backbencher

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »
The historic abuse enquiry is old news, its been going now for 2 years and we really need to move on.  Yes there have been a lot of questions raised and one day we should have a full public enquiry to have them ironed out but otherwise keep all these questions to syvret's blog because that is all he lives for and he has his own answers for them all.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
Hi backbencher why have you changed your position concerning the cost of the historic child abuse on the 26th november 2009 you posted this under the wiltshire report.....

"Bungled Jersey child abuse probe branded a '£20million shambles'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217863/Bungled-Jersey-child-abuse-probe-branded-20million-shambles.html

It is my question, my freedom of speech so stop trying to butt in with your syvret loving innuendo in a pathetic attempt to slam it.  You may hate this article but David Rose has a lot more credibilty as a journalist than syvret or your VFC friend will ever be and that I am afraid is the over riding fact."

Now your saying this on the 1st of december your saying this

The historic abuse enquiry is old news, its been going now for 2 years and we really need to move on.  Yes there have been a lot of questions raised and one day we should have a full public enquiry to have them ironed out but otherwise keep all these questions to syvret's blog because that is all he lives for and he has his own answers for them all...

Bencher this is not a go at you its just i cant work you.

You are forgetting about the abuse survivors. Its not old news again i say lets look at the facts.

Thanks newmac for the link lets keep digging

rs

one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline newmac

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »
I feel the HCAE is being used as excuses for extra funding and staffing for some depts :-\

‘…fund a contract post at the Jersey Archive and improve storage to appraise and catalogue all departmental records potentially relating to the enquiry.  This was agreed by the Minister for Treasury & Resources in 2008 for a period of 2 years.’

http://www.gov.je/StatesGreffe/MinisterialDecision/ESC/2009/mdesc20090015.htm?DisplayReport=true

Here's a break down of some of the costs.

http://www.gov.je/StatesGreffe/MinisterialDecision/TreasuryResources/2009/mdtr20090186.htm?DisplayReport=true

http://www.gov.je/StatesGreffe/MinisterialDecision/TreasuryResources/2009/mdtr20090011.htm?DisplayReport=true

Offline iruka

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 08:41:19 PM »
Know the backbencher and iruka mention the cost of the historic child abuse investigation quite a lot so i have decided to find some real facts about it. Time to look beyond the myth

I believe I mentioned it a bit, which sparked further debate. Hardly the same thing Rico.

rogueelement

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
Yeah Rico!
you need to chill your beans mate !
Carpet bombing was a very intelligent observation on the part of Ulrika kakakakaka and that is where the plot ,finally got lost between Harper , Power, and our exiled (self imposed) idiot.
I think as well there must have been some very fundemental problems with some of these people, their tenacity to hang on to what appeared to be rubbish as evidence says more about them than we possibly should imagine.I cannot understand their motivation, it is almost like they just wished it was all so bad , or maybe having latched on to a possible seam of gold ,in their rather tragic way , they just could not let it go?
at any rate , Suspended , absconded  and will not be coming back all appear to be very much yesterdays men.

The Backbencher

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »
As far as costs are concerned send an e-mail to David Rose.  Like I mentioned in previous posts I am really not interested in discussing anyting to do with this subject anymore unless something new comes up.  It has been over-kill for far too long.

Offline newmac

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 11:45:04 PM »
Why has David Rose put in a request for money :o If not I don't see what he's got to do with it.

I'm asking do you think some departments are using the HCAE as an excuse or cover for getting more money, if anyone's not interested don't bother replying that your not interested and trying to turn it into something it's not.

The Backbencher

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 12:08:37 AM »
David Rose reported that this whole farce may amount to £20 Million, so send him an e-mail for the back-up, but why we have to have this topic brought up by the same people on this Forum on a daily basis is getting stupid. 

Offline newmac

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 12:17:27 AM »
David Rose reported that this whole farce may amount to £20 Million, so send him an e-mail for the back-up, but why we have to have this topic brought up by the same people on this Forum on a daily basis is getting stupid. 

Please read my above post and this earlier post quoted below. ::)

It's not old news, it is current news there is still a ongoing investigation.

If your not interested don't read and don't post on the subject it's not hard.

I'm sure if it's against the forum rules to discuss this issue the admin will advise us and lock all topics so they can no longer be addded to.

The Backbencher

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 12:34:20 AM »
Hi newmac, no offence but I am not responding or getting into anymore debate on historic child abuse until some newer news comes to light that is actually worth commenting about.  Otherwise I am just going to be pulled back into this all the time.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 01:09:42 AM »
Hi backbencher ok then no problem.

Newmac you don't think H&SS & Home affairs have been filling some black holes on the back of the child abuse scandal  do you  ::) ::) ::)

The 20 million headline the media have been using, is in my opinion just aimed at discrediting Graham Power like he spent all the money himself bit strange

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

rogueelement

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:40 AM »
Feck sake rico you are like a bloody worn out record .Just hang about and wait for the result , but do not hold your breath waiting for any intelligent comment from your absconded criminal friend.
Entirely sick to death of this drivel
yours sincerely
A. R. Ational