Author Topic: Goose Green  (Read 8153 times)

rogueelement

Re: Goose Green
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I humbled to know that "my style" is envied by so many and coveted by the likes of Booty boy and Normally Pointless. Booty , I am not Deputy Dawg, why do you insist on obfuscating rational debate with moronic Syvresque banality? Exceptionally poor form for one who is normally so lucid, If as you say you are not great fan of Syvret, then why does it often sound as if you are reading from his "little red book"?.
Anyway off track but cannot be arsed to pursue these dumb comments through the meandering threads .
In my view the Goose is cooked.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »
The point that the people were trying to make before any building started was that with more concrete etc on the top of the area meant that any rainfall would run down to the marsh more than every before because the rain had no where to sink into the high ground that was what the worry was. Now we see that their concerns were fully justified but they did not reckon on the new buildings getting flooded. The pump station was to be in place before any building took place, they are now just starting to install the pump station which the States will take over in 10 years time just as it will be in need maintenance.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 08:17:29 PM »
The point that the people were trying to make before any building started was that with more concrete etc on the top of the area meant that any rainfall would run down to the marsh more than every before because the rain had no where to sink into the high ground that was what the worry was. Now we see that their concerns were fully justified but they did not reckon on the new buildings getting flooded. The pump station was to be in place before any building took place, they are now just starting to install the pump station which the States will take over in 10 years time just as it will be in need maintenance.
How do you know? Are you an Engineer? Most Contracts would not be acceptable for a guarantee to be only 10 years!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
The deal was in the papers and voted on in the chamber and the States to take over the pump station after 10 years. Everybody said that is just about right, the states will have to pay for the maintenance that will be needed in 10 years time. Remember this is FW as  CM at the time.

Online Fritz

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 03:55:48 AM »
I,ve not researched this particular agreement.

But generally when any local authority, "Adopts", a privately constructed road or drainage system, it does so only after the system has been maintained/serviced to comply with ,"As new", standard.