Author Topic: Child abuse in the Channel Islands  (Read 216098 times)

Offline boatyboy

Re: Child abuse in the Channel Islands
« Reply #1725 on: January 17, 2016, 05:41:47 AM »
As reported on the VFC Blog by several posters, Ex Deputy Pitman's transparent and open witness statement keeps on being removed down from the Child Abuse official website - messed with - and then back up for a short time. These are not the actions of a willing and transparent panel, more like hesitation caused by pressure from the usual  Jersey Way.

The fact is that Mr Pitmans excellent, no holes barred, warts an all statement has now been taken out of the their offical hands by the internet Guru, and placed on a server in a far off country.

The announcement, reasoning and witness statement.

http://freespeechoffshore.nl,

Thanks to the WEB Guru and VFC knowledge is power.

BB
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:46:35 AM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #1726 on: January 18, 2016, 04:08:24 AM »
There are no cellars, only voids Mr Warcup told the press and Jersey ?

The Daily Mail got the skull bit wrong, but measurements of a room and a plan with stairs and a door. Do voids now have doors and a bath ?

Void or cellars ?

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/deep-questions-remain.html

Both is true there were voids but also cellars a fact Mr Warcup decided to keep to himself. What else did Mr Warcup forget to mention, he is supposed to be a straight cop ?

BB.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:10:58 AM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #1727 on: January 25, 2016, 06:45:05 AM »
It looks as if the Child " ABUSE' inquiry is becoming a Whitewash.

I truly hoped it would not.

Mr Lenny Harper shines a bright light in some very dark places regarding the structure and performance of this highly paid child abuse enquiry. The panel chaired by Francis Oldham QC and supported by Eversheds ( the lawyers ) professional reputations - are heading down the toilet.

You may hate him or love him, but in two short video's he does not " mince " his words.

Lenny Harper interviewed by VFC. All Credit to Mr Harper and VFC blog in parts 1 & 2 just hit link.

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.com/2016/01/lenny-harper-jersey-child-abuse-inquiry_24.html#comment-form

bb
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:49:51 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #1728 on: January 27, 2016, 12:20:33 AM »
So phil bailhache cannot remember anthing from his time as bailiff, attorney general or solictor general funny how he always cannot remember things he has done or said when asked questions about it. Just a bloody LIAR! Still believe he is above everyone else.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #1729 on: January 28, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
bailhache had Bob Le Brocq take the blame for the Holland affair. bailhache knew that holland had a record of sex crimes against a young girl. What did bailhache say I thought he was cured.  What a ridiculous thing to say. So how could a man thinking that could be a judge.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #1730 on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:18 AM »
Jersey,s ,"Elite", are no different to the ,"Elite", in the UK who protect paedophiles in,"High Society".
They are all in the same club, and will do whatever it takes to protect their peers.
If it weren,t for social media,("Them damn meddling kids"), they would still all be getting away with it.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #1731 on: March 08, 2017, 06:25:12 AM »

It has been a long time coming, but the care enquiry should be released by the end of this month, but according to one highly regarded and trusted local blogg, serious questions are starting to be asked about its competency.

The enquiry was about proved and long term abuse of children while in the care of Jersey's Government. The enquiry decided it was to be named officially the  " Child Care Enquiry " yes I know,  try and work it out, I cannot ?

It is a very simple problem. The witnesses gave their submissions with documentary backup evidence which obviously must also be put in the public domain to support the witness statement. Much of it has gone missing and is no where to be found on their public domain website.

Maybe you should read it for yourself and you decide is the £23 million pound spent a lawyers' big payday and very little else ?

Thanks and all credit to VFC Blogg for publishing what the paid Jersey media would rather ignore and have done.

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/jersey-child-abuse-committee-of-inquiry.html

BB

Offline gladiator

« Reply #1732 on: March 26, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
Published British book scrutinised  The Jersey Child Abuse  inquiry by practising Australian barristers, researchers and Senior lecturers  of Socio-legal studies and in the faculty of law at the University of Sydney.

Secrecy, Law and Society – 2 June 2015
edited by Greg Martin, Rebecca Scott Bray, Miiko Kumar

Secret isle? Making Sense of the Jersey child abuse scandal. (pp 251 – 272 )

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=mesjCQAAQBAJ&pg=PT333&lpg=PT333&dq=stuart+syvret&source=bl&ots=5ZMtJq-JVp&sig=E9yNbhlTxn7f7rTMK6z-_VLkjgI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN24fU1vLSAhUpJcAKHchXBsI4HhDoAQhAMAY#v=onepage&q=stuart%20syvret&f=false

This book chapter about Jersey’s secrecy culture is not light reading for the judiciary, civil servants, politicians , the news media, the finance centre and church leaders of Jersey but supports the information published by the blogs of Rico Sorda, Voiceforchildren, Stuart Syvret, Leah Mcgrath Goodman.

Ex Senator Stuart Syvret’s role as a whistleblower and victim of Jersey’s unusual data protection law interpretation, Mr Power’s suspension,  the Jersey States Members voting to keep the tape secret regarding the debate about Mr Power’s suspension, the  conflicted roles of the Bailhache brothers, Victoria College abuse, Jimmy Savile at Haut de la Garenne, the Jersey’s Nazi past and link to London city are just a few of the interesting issues the authors have researched and put into context. They have not shied away to link Jersey’s “secrecy culture”to other international institutional child sexual abuse scandals and writing about corruption and cover-ups. They even quote the Dean of Jersey, Very Rev Robert Key who warned of “ over-inquisitiveness, false sensationalism and prurient curiosity” in his prayer.

One of their conclusions was the need of the news media to play the critical public interest role in scrutinising the police and political authority which the State’s media has clearly failed to do.

In my humble opinion this book of law professionals underlies that there is substance to the concern of a white wash of the Jersey Child Abuse inquiry.

REVIEW OF THIS BOOK:

"Lawyers, scholars and most certainly journalists and feature writers doing research in any of these areas will find this book, with its extensive and meticulous footnoting, a treasure trove of references to follow up as interesting and authoritative avenues for further enquiry. What is especially refreshing about the book is its plain-speaking and quite often hard-hitting approach to the various aspects of this topic about which the individual contributors have strong views. As a contribution to the ongoing debate on the often insoluble problems inherent in issues of secrecy, security, free speech and the law, this book with its diversity of opinion is first class." - Phillip Taylor MBE, Richmond Green Chambers
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:12:40 PM by gladiator »

Offline HG

« Reply #1733 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
The former Dean, Reverend Bob Key, who was paid off to leave Jersey and who has a safeguarding complaint against him at Bath and Wells went even further and instructed his Deanery to avoid contact with alleged abuse victims.
it is funny how quietly he 'resigned' to take other positions, and how vague it all was. The massive whitewash he was involved in remains unquestioned.
Except by me, I go on questioning why I was destroyed publicly on his behalf for three years.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #1734 on: March 27, 2017, 12:36:56 AM »
Probably the strongest and most damaging post on planetjersey so far this year, to those so called spivs, suits and incompetents'.

If Australian scholars have taken an interest on secret trials, the islands justice system, child abuse the stealing of Graham Powers ( expolice chiefs ) work contract from his locked office security cabinet ( which contained a clause ordering the states to pay for legal representation should it be needed ) plus the only copy went missing from the states HR department, I should mention this is not actually mentioned in the book chapter that is open to read.

The powers on Jersey would be stupid to think that no other academics are taking an interest in an introvert islands double faced dealing and smoke and mirrors Government.

Knowledge is as they say power, will Emma Martin from data protection be taking these Australians to a ( secret ) court ?  ;)

BB
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:16:25 AM by boatyboy »

Offline shortport

« Reply #1735 on: March 27, 2017, 12:48:34 AM »
Where can I read this article?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #1736 on: March 27, 2017, 03:20:23 AM »

shortport

The Book is an academic work called

" Secrecy, Law and Society "

It has a section about Jersey warts and all, go to Gladiators post above he / she provides a link: An excellent read profiling many well known names.

bb

Offline shortport

« Reply #1737 on: March 27, 2017, 04:49:56 AM »
I don't seem to be able to read the pages relating to Jersey on that link.?Maybe someone can copy and post them.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #1738 on: March 27, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »

Yes indeed it is well hidden in Google,

Type Stuart Syvret into Google.

I found the  " Secrecy, Law and Society " book review / preview on page 5 of Google  you may find it on page 6 or 7. Most people me included, only ever use page 1 or 2 of the search engine.

Jersey has its own section, and they want you to buy the book so some pages maybe not be available but much is and remember this is researched work by professionals with reference tabs right the way through.

All credit to " gladiator " they must be some researcher to have pulled this one out of the woods.

BB

Offline GeeGee

« Reply #1739 on: March 27, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
I have managed to access the relevant pages by typing 'Secrecy, Law and Society book Stuart Syvret' You are then able to read all pages relating to this part of the book.

I agree that morally we perhaps should be buying the book, but it is quite expensive and something I can't afford at the moment, but happy to chip in with any who would also wish to have a read. At least it will be available to see as a hard copy and in black and white.

I have briefly glanced through until I have more time and agree it will not make happy reading for the powers that be. Not before time either.

Thank you Gladiator for finding this.