Author Topic: Child abuse in the Channel Islands  (Read 213931 times)

Offline voiceforchildren

• voiceforchildren
Re: Child abuse in the Channel Islands
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 02:28:44 AM »
What a complete outrage and the oh too familiar smell, or stench of cover up by our local media. I was just watching BBC news 24, I think it was Peter Sissons, the Anchor man in London. He was doing a short piece, live, with the local BBC reporter in Jersey. He said "there is an ongoing investigation into alleged child abuse", and asked the question "has anybody been arrested or questioned with regards to these allegations"? To which the local reporter appeared to completely ignore the question and said "no. no-one has been arrested or questioned as a result of todays events". Either the BBC reporter over here is totally incompedent or has been told by her bosses (locally) to keep things under wraps.

I was under the impression many people had been questioned regarding the child abuse allegations and wasn't somebody arrested and charged? You just couldn't make any of this up could you? I have offered all the local media some, what I believe to be, very sordid concrete proof and dispicable behaviour of a certain minister and his Department, and couldn't think for the life of me why none of the local media thought it would be a news worthy item or something that deserves to be in the public domain. So I wrote them all an e mail asking those 2 questions and I didn't get an answer from any of them.

I regularly read Stuart Syvrets blog, among others, and can identify with everything he writes about our local media. The question does have to be asked, how much blood do they have on there hands?. How many people, like myself, have gone to the media out of sheer desperation to expose what's really going on with our ministers and there departments?

Senator Syvret deserves a blo-dy Knighthood for the effort, work and sacrifice he has put in to trying to hold the guilty parties accountable for the horrendous alleged abuse and cover ups that have, and still, are able to go on. Our Ministers are answerable to nobody, and as a result it appears we have some very dangerous minds given a free reign to do what they wish and the every day Joe public and there children are suffering in silence as, the way our States appear to be structured, there is nobody to help us.

I believe Frank Walker should be going to the likes of Chris Bright, Rob Shipley, Alan Watts and all his other
ar-e lickers and insist on a high profile media campaign apologising to Senator Syvret, stand down from his un democratically held position and give to the man that "told us so" Senator Stuart Syvret.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 06:24:09 AM by JTM »
An alternative to Jersey's State Media

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 06:29:37 AM »
Who has blood on their hands?  Jesus.

What annoys me, is that I and many others voted for Stuart Syvret and he did what we wanted a Politician to do, speak out against any wrongs.

All the Establishment have done so far is attempt to gag him.  They sacked him because they didn't like him.  It was not what the people thought, that didn't come into it, it was what they wanted for themselves.

Senator Syvret has been a victim of a witch hunt by a few for a while and like I said about his Xmas speech, they were wrong in stopping him.

Now, the truth is really coming out and Senator Syvret should really be apologised to.  I only hope he puts himself forward as Chief Minister again.  We need more people like him.

Offline danrok

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »
I don't think he will be standing for CM.

Who can blame him, who would want to inherit Walker & Co's mess?

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 06:35:37 AM »
I think he has become a peoples Minister though.  Walker has been the subject of e-mail hate campaigns and nothing but bitterness since he got the job.

There is no doubt about it, people do not like him and Le Suere and even Ozouf are getting the same reputation.

Maybe it is about time the people got what they wanted for a change.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
Lennie Harper on BBC News this morning, "err we are using expertise including the dog".

Offline Millennium Man

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
Probably got the dog leading the enquiry.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
We have moved from perhaps 4 to several bodies now.  You could make a film about this story.

Offline danrok

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 05:44:21 PM »
Incredible that there would appear to be no record of any children being missing. Makes you wonder if someone was able to fill-in forms giving the illusion that a child had left the home, when in fact they were dead.

Offline voiceforchildren

• voiceforchildren
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 06:51:37 PM »
We have moved from perhaps 4 to several bodies now.  You could make a film about this story.
A film was made years ago, with some similarity's. I vaguley remember watching "Men In Black". Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones were getting all the news, that really mattered from comics, and the mainstream news was inconsiquential. That is how, it appears to me, things are over here. I refuse to buy the JEP but read what they publish on there website, I listen to and watch the rest of the local media. After digesting as much as I can stomach, I come on to sites like this and various Blogsites to find out what is really going on and low and behold the news I, and the rest of the politically ignorant are fed is just spin doctoring, and smoke screens designed to keep the likes of me as poloitically ignorant and misinformed as possible.

The real news and subjects that matter to the elecorate are covered on this site and various blogsites not the Bull-h-t we are forced to swallow by the "Frank Brigade"
An alternative to Jersey's State Media

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 07:07:25 PM »
Incredible that there would appear to be no record of any children being missing.

That’s a good point actually, how can children just vanish?  I mean look at the Maddy case, was this child so unimportant that the powers that be didn't want to be troubled with his/her disappearance?

How many missing children do we have in Jersey anyway?

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 07:22:55 PM »
Just said on the news that this dog has picked up other areas of the school.

So, if it was closed in 1986, these victims will more or less be within my generation.

Starting to think of that film 'Sleepers' all of a sudden.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 11:04:16 PM »
Reading a national paper today, they have found a skull and there is also an alleged Jersey Police cover up from the 80s.

Why isn't that reported locally?

Offline Limpet

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 01:09:35 AM »
Was John Averty the President of Defence (in charge of Police) in the early 80's? - I can't find any info on the internet but seem to remember that it was him.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 02:15:01 AM »
The allegation as I know it at the moment, is that there were reports of children running away from these places, yet the Jersey Police (never clicked that they may have been murdered) therefore never tried to find them.

Offline Deputy Dawg

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 03:08:24 AM »
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5ih0I4Uo4dwTPqv6s17biOsF-E_qQ

Jersey's deputy chief police officer, Lenny Harper, said the intelligence was unclear as to how many bodies may be found but added after finding the remains they planned to continue the search for two weeks.

I would suggest that a rough number of dead children could be gained by counting the number of reports of runaway children that were made from Haut de la Garenne that the police never found and work backwards from there. It is no surprise that we are hearing rumours that the States of Jersey police are under investigation by the UK.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:24:18 AM by JTM »