Author Topic: £800,000 of consultants suspension.  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Deputy Dawg

£800,000 of consultants suspension.
« on: May 30, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »
While the JEP has brought to our attention the £800,000 cost of suspending Mr Day for 2.5 years, and it will be asked in the house by Deputy Bob Hill why it has taken so long.

Can one of the other Deputies or Senators then ask the questions of ALL of the Civil Service.

HOW MANY CIVIL SERVANTS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED ON FULL PAY
HOW MUCH DID IT COST IN 2008 TO PAY ALL CIVIL SERVANTS ON FULL PAY WHILE SUSPENDED.
HOW LONG IS THE AVERAGE SUSPENSION.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST PER MONTH PER SUSPENDED CIVIL SERVANT.
DURING 2008 HOW MANY OF THE SUSPENDED CIVIL SERVANTS HAD JUST CAUSE TO BE SUSPENDED.
HOW MANY OF THESE ARE STILL IN THE SAME POSITION OR HIGHER
HOW MANY WERE SACKED/REMOVED FROM THE CIVIL SERVICE AFTER BEING JUSTLY SUSPENDED.

If once civil servant has cost us £320,000 a year, I think we have the right to know how much it is costing us for all suspensions in all departments.

I have heard, though cannot confirm that at any one time there can be up to 15 police officers on suspension. What about other departments?

Is this costing the people of Jersey MILLIONS of pounds a year? I for one would like to know.

Come on politicians, take up the torch and do the poeple of Jersey a favour.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Re: £800,000 of consultants suspension.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »
I believe there is a breakdown on this could be on the states website will find out

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Fritz

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »
There is definitately a ,"Breakdown", somewhere in the control of tax-payers money!!

Offline more

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 08:02:20 AM »

At last we are seeing the interests and comments coming through on this Forum
  of how civil servants spend since the questions on J Day, the hospital consultant
   came to light in the J.E.P.Having  banged on about how much power  these admin civil servants have in the Goverment.( Personally believe they run the island by stealth) Its easy to lay blame a politian taking a project, expecting a civil servant to research the answers before being taken to the states and voted on. ( thats a civil servants job) then lies or misinforms the politian,Who then expects politians to gain votes.(on what is misinformation?). Why are those responsible for the misinformation not suspended, booked ,sacked? Does it not smell of who has the power in Goverment here  Laws badly need changing. Seeing by the J. Day how in being much it cost  to suspend.Thousands are given in  golden hand shakes e.c.t. Tells us its these unknown parasites  dominating us and hold the purse strings. The buck stops with Bill Ogelby surely?( spelt wrong but who cares?) Civil media like this will hopefully gather changes as more politians  read into public opinions hopefully take note.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
Good posting Joe, we have a totally useless scrutiny panel (sorry Sarah, despite your hard work, there are serious areas which dominate/ruin people's lives which could easily be controlled, not your faut etc).

I have a friend who has been caught up in an investigation which has ruined his working life through no fault of his own. Civil servants "doing their job -- yawn" taking time haven't cleared him and he has lost his home, yet when he is cleared, he will have no recourse as to putting his life back. It's disgusting. He has not been charged (no it's not SSS!) but he cannot legally operate until his name is cleared. The Civil servants investigating have had holidays, time to do other things etc and all the time he is unemployable until such time as they decide he is innocent.
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I