Author Topic: LEAVE PRINCE HARRY ALONE.  (Read 5204 times)

Offline churchill

LEAVE PRINCE HARRY ALONE.
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
Why oh why when childen and innocent people are being killed in this  mad world is the prince being made to face up to a coment made with friends because the media got wind of it. ?

His human. And paki was used between friends when i was at school in england and no offence was taken.

THE MEDIA SHOULD FOCUS ON SERIOUS ISSUES .

fryertucker

Re: LEAVE PRINCE HARRY ALONE.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »
Come of it, he is supposed to be a Monarch and a soldier. His reference to PAKIS says nothing good about the armed forces.

Offline moot

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 05:43:22 PM »
You'r right Alvin. If it's between friends there is nothing wrong with it
Actually calling someone Paki cannot be classed racist as it represents the first 4 words of the name of a country and not a race. Their race is Asian
I know a Chinese woman and she told me that the Chinese call us Kaukasians
"ghosts" People should chill out and stop all this poltical correct nonsense.
There are far more important issues in the world

A ghost

Offline danrok

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 05:47:49 PM »
He is clearly an idiot to film himself saying raghead and paki.

Far too dumb to be an ambassador for the UK.  If he was a member of parliament, his party would have kicked him out by now.

Why oh why when childen and innocent people are being killed in this  mad world

Racism being at the root of much of the killing, so it is hardly irrelevant.  He sets a poor example.

Offline newmac

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
Why is it only when a white person no matter who they are say's something the press etc are up in arms, yet when non English burn or spit on a English or Us flag it's fine.

In the context of what and where he said it I don't see the problem.

Offline stoofa

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »
It was clearly unwise given his position, and I don't think anyones in any doubt he is Prince Philip's heir to the gaffe crown.

Racist though, not really. Pretty harsh to take the poor guy to the cleaners for uttering one non malicious word in a completely benign situation.

Chief Minister

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »
It makes me wonder what his upbringing has been like.  First it was swastikas and now pakis.  Will he be using the 'N' word soon?

Offline churchill

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 10:24:49 PM »
And why not use the "n" word black people call each other by the "n" word all the time .
OH because we are white and must be racist.  Well im sick and tired of racists burning our union flag .  Lets hunt them down and force them to to say sorry in the media.

ANGRY ALVIN.

Offline Jerseyite

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:51:22 PM »
It was clearly unwise given his position, and I don't think anyones in any doubt he is Prince Philip's heir to the gaffe crown.

Racist though, not really. Pretty harsh to take the poor guy to the cleaners for uttering one non malicious word in a completely benign situation.

My sentiments exactly.  Well said stoofa!

Chief Minister

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 11:01:11 PM »
Yes like in that film Pulp Fiction.  Does anybody remember Lenny Harper sacking that constable for saying 'porko' in the station canteen and then another copper complained about it.  There was a big out cry about it at the time.  I think it was about 5 years ago.

Offline Jerseyite

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 11:52:01 PM »
Does anybody remember Lenny Harper sacking that constable for saying 'porko' in the station canteen and then another copper complained about it.  There was a big out cry about it at the time.

I vaguely remember that, but I think the difference between this case concerning Prince Harry and that one is that Harry was talking of a friend who accepted the fact he was nicknamed Paki.  The guy wasn't offended by his given name, so why should anyone else take offence at it?  As for the constable, he wasn't talking in terms of endearment concerning a friend, so what he said was considered offensive.

When my son was younger he couldn't say 'Portuguese' properly and so along with him I got into the habit of calling people from that country 'Pork and Cheeses'.  :o  Don't say that now though.

Offline moot

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 12:02:22 AM »
When my son was younger he couldn't say 'Portuguese' properly and so along with him I got into the habit of calling people from that country 'Pork and Cheeses'.  :o  Don't say that now though.

When I visited Madeira two years ago I walked along the seafront and saw a man catch quite a large fish. I asked him what its name was and he said Porko !
I had to laugh and later discovered it was a Triggerfish and yes, its Portuguese name is indeed Porko ! And no, it didn't trigger a reaction from the Police..

Chief Minister

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 08:10:20 AM »
They are making a big stink about this on the news this morning.  Paki is a racist word, it always has been, and if it was not, why has he apologised?

Billy

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »
Slow news day I reckon.

Sensationalist claptrap as usual.

Offline Ashley

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:19:24 AM »
There's millions of Indian and Pakistani's living in the UK. I'm sure they want to know whether members of the the British Royal family are treating them with the due respect they diserve. 

Clearly this is small time to us living in Jersey.  It's not about us though is it.