Author Topic: Police Chief Suspended  (Read 115676 times)

Offline moot

Re: Police Chief Suspended
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 08:09:13 PM »
Bloody hell how to get the old brain to work this one out...

I think another can of worms has been opened, up why such a big day..And this is strange how did the jep land 5 pages of HdelaG when it came out at 1..me thinks mr .shipley might have had wee tip off on what was coming out..
If mr power fights his suspension that's  going to open another can of worms..
Its all very strange here we go again..
And do we believe this lot like the others hated lenny ...
What a mess
rs

They are trying to put all the worms back in the can and seal it. But they keep escaping...

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »
Well its been on all the news channels no doubt all the papers tmrw , what a total  bloody mess the police calling the police useless this is going  to get so so so messy..
I  just want the truth, today was all about spin.........warcup and his boys came to some big conclusions today based on lenny harpers investigation, yup used his findings and then used them to slag him off how mad is that and then said he got it all wrong, and they have only been here for 21/2 months...
The more you step back and look at what has happened today the more crazy it looks and is going to do a lot of damage..
How was this allowed to happen ..

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 09:59:03 PM »
rico

Did you ever get the feeling that the police and the establishment were having a behind the scenes battle. Maybe it's just me, but I did. When the police went their own way and the CM Frank Walker was ripped apart did you feel there were two gangs at war,  I did.

The police must produce the facts, they know that and that’s the training of the job. The facts must be laid in front of a Judge,

I truly think, maybe wrongly, that Lenny is one of the best coppers we had, I truly believe that Stuart Syvret is the uncompromising champion of the people he has always been, he puts Jersey first and people first.

It's not complicated.

But at the end of the day facts are the truth, the abused still deserve their day in court, looking into the eyes that are going to prison. If proved.

BB

Offline newmac

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »
If Graham Power had some thing to hide or thought he had made a error of judgement over the way Lenny Harper carried out the investigation I'm sure he would have taken the retirement option.
So by refusing to resign and getting suspended he must be extremely confident.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »
B.B

Frank ( in my opinion )is the school yard bully who must always get his own way, he has been praying for this day it's so obvious..
But still they just don't seem to care about the abuse survivors it's a gang battle now for sure the people who were abused seem to be a side issue now..
Today i would say is a pr disaster for the establishment ,graham power if he does want to clear his name will bring it all out into the open with mr.harper..plus fancy saying oh your investigation is rubbish do ya fancy early retirement that has to be picked up on from the start ,power.
  walked into radio jersey this morning a made a statement and then walked out.
Wendy ran for cover a couple of weeks ago.
I just want the truth ,all i can see is one bloody shitty mess.
Im not pro harper or anti harper but i trust him and i think he should return to the island and have a boxing match with warcup down the raddison.

The two who are being charged will be the only two, they are going to take the can for the scum left free to walk..

When i look back at todays events i just see a bigger mess .....SAD..

rs

(In my opinion) has been added to protect pj

Mod 4
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:21:23 AM by Mod 4 »

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »
And this is strange how did the jep land 5 pages of HdelaG when it came out at 1..me thinks mr .shipley might have had wee tip off on what was coming out..

I agree Rico. The press conference was this morning. By 1pm, a multi-page report had been written, laid-out, edited, printed, dsitributed and sold in the newsagents. Amazing!

Razzard

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
Im not pro harper or anti harper but i trust him and i think he should return to the island and have a boxing match with warcup down the raddison.
rs

Rico my man, my old boy used to be a boxing promoter in London in the 60's. He's still going strong.

Are you saying we can bring him out of retirement? Sure would give him a rise and us the funniest night of the year! 2nd place would have go to the St. Helier hustings and maybe the night Guy de Faye is no longer a politician a close 3rd.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 10:56:37 PM »
Harper would flatten warcup and his side kick baldric at the same time man what a night i can see it now..

I give the jep credit for the way they were on it but then they did have loads of notice. the establishment are learning, my friends tried to get into both press conference but no chance, i made the royal square to see stuart give his take on the days events..

We just don't seem to be a happy island at the moment..

I look forward to seeing how the jep will report the howard league on friday ..

Knowing the jep they will prob report on the Human league..

rs

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:20 PM »
This interview with Lenny Harper, filmed today, is worth a few minutes of your time:

http://www5.channelonline.tv/news/templates/cinews2.aspx?articleid=17483&zoneid=1

Offline lara.luke

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
I didn t make the Royal Square today - what was Stuart's take on the events of today?
Just for today do not anger

Offline moot

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 12:13:54 AM »
This interview with Lenny Harper, filmed today, is worth a few minutes of your time:
http://www5.channelonline.tv/news/templates/cinews2.aspx?articleid=17483&zoneid=1

I watched the whole interview and I can only describe Lenny Harper as "Rock Solid"
He is not going to go away and neither does Graham Power !

Offline iruka

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »
I watched the whole interview and I can only describe Lenny Harper as "Rock Solid"
He is not going to go away and neither does Graham Power !

That's interesting - I saw the short extract on the BBC and thought he looked a lot less certain than he used to, and his eyes kept looked off down to the left. He certainly appeared less self-assured.

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »
Posted on another thread:
Our intrepid Police Chief Officer Power, (suspended from Power), who has had an unimaginable lack of comment throughout the whole debacle has finally outed himself and spoken.

This shroud of silence, oft intensified (as reported by his colleagues) by his inability to make eye contact as he speaks within the confines of his office, has let the spotlight conveniently drift onto the man he charged with overseeing the entire investigation.

Unfortunately, the appointee, who has also left the ranks of our creaking, leaking Public order defence system, was as we all know a frightening bully, a pitbull with personal axes to grind and with more media savvy than an expolosion at the sewage plant. Unchecked, unreined and outspoken, the damage done by the deafening silence of our appointed guardian, and the failure of his master to see that the position is not blown out of proportion would have been better served by Chief Officer Wiggum (Simpsons) who although brash and un pc, would have dealt with matters properly. At least he would have given our Island good press and not torn the bulllet ridden wings of our tourism industry.
It is unfortunate therefore that the media firestorm is being fuelled by the "I told you so's" of the political world. This helps no one in the least, this sort are only looking after themselves.
http://www5.channelonline.tv/news/templates/jerseynews2.aspx?articleid=17477&zoneid=109
More voteseeking at the expense of the abused which makes me retch.

As we all know, we live in "The Island of secrets" - rather a romantic notion don't you think? Conjuring up elements of a Daphne du Maurier bestseller but with hidden elements closer to a David Hackl film, as with deep water, just lurking beneath the surface, horrific stories lie.

The greater sin has been, like the missing eye of Lord Nelson seeing "no ships", like the administration of Haut de La Garrenne " we see no pain and abuse", and like the Chief of Police of the States of Jersey "I stood by and said nothing too you know - ergo I have done nothing wrong", the greater sin has been that of the paymasters of our protectorate feathering themselves for the colder and leaner times to come and leaving this sorry tale to unfurl itself.

It is early days yet, but the initial pitch of the new assistant Chief Officer seems like a breath of clean,warm sea air.

I for one don't think that it is the last chapter in this tale of misery.
"That's not in the effing good book!"

rogueelement

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »
I know it is not very PC of me , but perhaps the reason for the suspension is that the chief officer allowed this island to spend £7million to establish that the Victorians were indeed quite fond of Coconut.
In the meantime the name of the Island was dragged through the mud by the concerted leaking of rumour to the scum press. And if you think no damage was done , you obviously do not travel to the UK very often.I became quite sick of defending the rock against the pedophile reputation engendered by the police , for the police, by which i mean , the travel fest , the overnighting at hotels , the 1st class flights , the huge amount of overtime etcetcetc  for what? a bunch of bloody coconuts!!
Lenny Harper may well have been an excellent copper once , but I think with retirement looming he started looking to the future , the book , the tv interviews, his place in the media circus.
Well i hope the book comes out pretty soon , I have a suspicion it will be available at Pound World in the very near future.
The Chief Officer had the responsibility to ensure that an orderly investigation was carried out , resulting in evidence ,if any, of wrongdoing. It was his job to keep the lid on things until arrests could be made , instead of which he allowed his minions the freedom to destroy the good name of this Island by their posturing, posing ,and in some cases feeding the media frenzy.
The Buck Stops Here is what it is called , he screwed up , he has to go.

Razzard

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »
Fair enough. But the problem is that 160 people have come forward and said that they were either physically, mentally or sexually abused whilst in care.

They're not going to go away whether or not Lenny Harper exaggerated the findings at HDLG.

The reputation of Jersey is an interesting one. One that deserves its own thread maybe?

I work in the UK every week and I like you used to get asked all the time about the investigation. I found myself feeling uncomfortable with defending Jersey as I learnt that many people already had a tarnished image of the place due in part to the national media's referencing of collaboration and dodgy financial dealings. People certainly remember Charlie Hungerford as much as good old Jim Bergerac.

Maybe we should bring him back to lead the force and get another series commissioned? Would put Phil Ozouf between a rock and hard place!