Author Topic: BIG DAY IN THE STATES TODAY.  (Read 6081 times)

Jason the Maverick

Re: BIG DAY IN THE STATES TODAY.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19:35 AM »
What about the Jersey Nationalist Party?  Or does that sound racist?  Go with independence though ???

Offline King Rollo

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 03:30:53 AM »
What about the Jersey Nationalist Party?  Or does that sound racist?  Go with independence though ???

I would love, gawd damn me eh, in Guernsey language to spell this out to you all but it seems to have gone adrift somewhere upon the talk of 'ousting' the horrible locals who are always making a hash of everything.
What is the alternative?
You will never get a vote of no confidence unless there is a viable and realistic alternative to the current government and sorry, but there is nothing there eh?
Well is it?
Eh?

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 07:25:55 AM »
I cannot see a viable alternate myself, at least at this moment of time, can you?  :-\

Offline newmac

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
One good thing to come out of that debate is that showed again how far out of touch some of the current members are with the views of the electorate and that changes do need to be made to the current system of government.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »
And, some of the attackers who deliberately ignore what is good about the Island.

You have to look at both sides.

Offline newmac

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »
I always try to look at both sides of any debate, unlike a lot of states members whether they be pro or anti establishment.

I've only dealt with a few of the current politicians. Recently I was having some issues with a states department so I emailed all the states members for help/advice and I was surprised by who I did and didn't get replies from.