Author Topic: Senator Bailhache outbursts screwing Jersey Internationally ?  (Read 5613 times)

Offline boatyboy

Re: Senator Bailhache outbursts screwing Jersey Internationally ?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 06:12:45 PM »
If this is the case ? Chevalier Blanc let us hope that thejerseyway ( for foreign readers, a site that puts up actual recordings of States meetings ) can broadcast the question and the response or non response of the Chief Minister for Jersey.

Interesting that his assistant Minister Senator Bailhache, the person that caused this argument, calling two honest evidenced witnesses liars, feels that being in the States Assembly during this questioning is not important, or maybe he is being devious, to avoid questions being aimed directly at himself.

Just a small thought ( as most of mine are ) how can Jersey indeed boast to  the world about being well regulated ? if the Chief Minister is unable or unwilling to insist on honesty amongst his Government ministers, who are tasked with responsibility for the workings of all of Jerseys' administration.

In saying this, interested observers will have downrated Senator Bailhaches CV regarding his aspirations to become foreign minister. He preached and is well known for his opinion  "if one is not truthful ", clearly comes to mind.

For more background and information please see,

http://tonymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/excuse-me-sir-ive-just-one-more-question.html

Boatyboy.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:19:46 AM by boatyboy »

Offline danrok

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 08:56:06 PM »
What else would you expect from a lawyer? They are slippery individuals who use every trick in the book to cover their own asses.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »
Funny how bauilhache was in the chamber this afternoon nut not in the morning who he left gorst to answers all the question about bailhache and the lies. gorst did the same as bailhache in so far as not giving an answer but a load of waffly.
Sadly I am now no longer pleased with gorst and his actions. bailhache is telling him what to do and he does not have the backbone to go against bailhache.
Well hope the outside world listen and read hazard.
One feels like shouting from the public gallery to these lying b******s that they should be ashamed of themselves!

Offline GeeGee

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 01:16:23 AM »
Gorst's performance this morning was truly abysmal and not what anybody should expect from a Chief Minister. I truly hope Trevor stands by his word and brings a vote of no confidence against him. How on earth can this man 'lead' a government as corrupt as this and retain any credibility with the populace. Indeed these words are directed at both Ian Gorst and PB.

I did not realise PB was absent (conveniently no doubt) this morning, but no doubt he told IG to 'sort it out for me GUV there's a good egg and I'll be in to work this afternoon'. Sadly it was not sorted, just made more farcical.

What a nonsense!

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
I was just wondering who the people are who voted bailhache in to the states.
Do they think like him?
Will they vote for him again?
Will he be the next CM?
If all this goes through then it says a lot about the people in this island.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »

There is a disgraceful carry on by Senator Bailhache, most of it documented  by VFC, and TJW the States recorded blog , where you will hear Chief Minister now not defending Senator Bailhache because he has his own views and can speak for himself.

Now here is the strange truth, when the questions are on the table guess who is ducking out of the debate hiding elsewhere in the building or of course at another convenient meeting on a Tuesday. Normally the only day of the week the Government sits yep Senator Bailhache.

I shall not go through all the detailed micro actions of a Senator who openly is on record as saying he has spent his whole life in the businesses of truthfulness, politicians do not lie and any minister caught, well that would indeed be the end of it. Here are my favourite indiscretions of a person who clearly thinks there is one ( or several ) rules for humanity and another for himself.

!) Checking air fairs not planned months in advance cost around £2.5 to £3 thousand pounds at the time of the Barbados trip. Senator Bailhache said the cost for his three day trip with two others cost no more than £6,700. He has never felt the need to qualify this amount. Obviously the flights cost more than this without transfer, accommodation food and getting to London verdict not truthful without invoiced proof.

2) ElectoraL reform.

Supposed to be an honest look at improving Government and unbiased view of the Constables remaining in the assembly the remit was for a better government structure.
Senator Bailhache convinced the house that politicians should sit on the panel, already a pro constable candidate then placed a puppet constable and constables son on the committee. Worse the whole game became a farce with sheep in the Government doing as they were told. Outcome 13% minority vote, caused by confusing, biased questions and a public disconnected from the complete biased rubbish served up by Senator Bailhache. Verdict- hollow victory showing complete lack of integrity, and disrespect for the people of Jersey.

3)  Reading files emails and police reports in public. Again islanders are witnessing something elitist here. A bad memory has somehow arrived in the Senators head and clearly the data protection authority should be examining how confidential police records and emails  ended up in the senators lap. He said he was reading the Korris report already in the public domain, witnesses saw names and other documents. Korris had redacted all names.

But lets put that all aside. He called two professional members of the public liars. They have spoken with the Chief Minister who confirms they are not guilty as charged and told the truth, therefore it must be the Senator who to this day is either hiding behind the CM trouser legs or not answering questions.
Of course what he is really doing is making a mockery of Government ( helped by a spineless CM ) and losing the trust of the electorate.

These actions fly completely against the rule book  (called standing orders part 2). Verdict - this is no longer about what was read or not, it is more about blatant lying to the Assembly and real people of Jersey, bringing the island and its Government into disrepute. He already has made his mind up about what he should do when truthfulness has been sacrificed at the altar of ones ego, and should now do the right thing and resign.

The Jersey States will be a weaker and less trusted place if he is allowed to carry on and a  complete laughing stock if Senator Bailhache is made Foreign Minister all in my opinion of course.

Boatyboy.

Offline GeeGee

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 02:37:34 AM »
I can only say BB that I agree with every word you have written. This excuse for a man has been caught bang to rights and really has no 'wriggle room' left at all.

The States would be a better place without him, and with a strong Chief Minister to boot.

We can but hope.......

Offline moot

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »
BB, reading your post made me physically sick as Bailhache seems to be untouchable and protected  by the rich clique.
When will they ever learn.....